1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gail Riplinger and Carl E. Baugh's Creation Book

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Armchair Scholar, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Armchair Scholar

Armchair Scholar New Member

I stumbled across this at the copyright page: http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pw...NALL&CNT=25&PID=7965&SEQ=20071211174113&SID=1

Does anyone know which edition of Baugh's book that Riplinger contributed any content that she would have copyrighted? The page states it was in the June, 1989 publication of Baugh's book. The 1989 and the 1992 publications of his book that I checked had nothing whatsoever from Riplinger. Does anyone know any more about this?

#1 Armchair Scholar, Dec 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2007
  2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Maybe Dr. Gail A. Riplinger proof-text, 'er I mean proof-read the specs for the 'design' of his office?? :rolleyes:

[Edited to add] But it is nice to know that I'm not the only member of the Baptist Board with "way too much time on my hands".

Ed

#2 EdSutton, Dec 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2007
  3. Armchair Scholar

Yeah, but how would that be copyrightable? :smilewinkgrin:

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Carl Baugh appearsta be just another Sensationalist author of the ilk of Riplinger, Von Daniken, or Dan Brown. His theories are considered goofy & "pseudo-science"by true scientists and many theologians. His "doctorate" is from "Pacific International University, a "virtual school" with no campus or teachers, which was run by Baugh for awhile, dispensing "doctorate degrees" for an average fee of $2500.

No wonder he'd gravitate toward someone like GAR. Apparently, each depends upon book sales & lecture fees to keep'em livin large.

5. Armchair Scholar

Isn't he the one with the "pink canopy" theory? Pink must be for perfection, and today we just have plain old blue.

I searched through several editions of his book but found nothing written by Riplinger in it, causing me to wonder why she would have a copyright filed under it.

6. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe she's trying to impress someone by associating herself with Baugh somehow? Birds of a feather flocking together...

7. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't seen that book. One possibility might be that Carl Baugh could have given Gail Riplinger permission to have an edition of his book printed in 1989 and she filed a copyright notice for that edition. I wouldn't think that a different edition of the same book that was already copyrighted would need a separate notice even if printed by a different printer, but it might be possible for someone to get one.

8. Armchair Scholar

I have considered this a possibility. Lately I have noticed she has published several previously published books (by other authors), placing her own artistic covers on them, and selling them in her online catalog. She is a bit of an artist. I have copies of several of her college textbooks and one has quite a lot of her artwork in it. Maybe she released an edition of his book with her artwork on the cover.