1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Game Dev. Brainstorming

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Taerzik, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Taerzik

Taerzik New Member

Hey all,

I'm working on a little Flash based in-browser game.
    It's nearing completion but I could use some input and yall can probably help.

I'm trying to think of the things that people 'live for' - money, power, what else though? The point of the game is to go after what's important to you and at the end find out what your efforts were worth and where your decisions actually lead you.

So far, the players objectives are:
    1. Keep their health meter up - it slowly drops so every now and then they have to chase down a health item. Some items or choices may have a negative impact on the health meter. If health hits zero - game over, try again.

2. Keep their 'happiness meter' up - whatever the player decides is important in life should have the greatest impact on their satisfaction meter, at least in theory. Some things will have negative impact on it as well.

Anyway, I'm trying to think of things the player can choose as 'priorities', or objectives to pursue and how to represent them. Currently, I have money, power, health & love which are represented by objects to pick up on the play field. There are also negatives on the play field to avoid. What other things do people chase in life? Anything that requires a major decision will be handled via a cut-scene or menu.

I haven't quite decided how everything should work together and what all I want to be represented in the game.

If you have a suggestion, drop it here please. Thanks.

I don't know what I'll be working on next - I've got alot of ideas but nothing really solid yet so I'm open to other ideas too. PMs are welcome too.

(Hope I'm sticking this thread in the right place.)