1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gasoline Prices Continue Falling

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by NiteShift, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Retail Gasoline and Diesel Prices Continue to Decrease
    The U.S. average retail price for regular gasoline for January 8, 2007 decreased 2.8 cents to 230.6 cents per gallon. Prices are now 2.1 cents per gallon lower than at this time last year. East Coast prices fell 2.6 cents to 231.9 cents per gallon. The Midwest saw the largest regional decrease, with prices falling 5.3 cents to 221.0 cents per gallon. Gulf Coast prices were down 2.9 cents to 217.1 cents per gallon, while Rocky Mountain prices fell 1.2 cents to 223.4 cents per gallon.
    Link
    I recall several posters here saying before elections that the drop in oil prices was, in effect, just a Republican dirty trick, and that they would begin rising again as soon as voting was complete. A couple of examples:

"There will be an event that effects the price of gasoline after the election and it called the "vote".

"Doesn't matter. The price of gas will rise after the election."

2. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Its a good thing they do not claim to be prophesying.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

3. snrsvdbygrc

snrsvdbygrc New Member

Don't you know it is all because Gore lost! :laugh:

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

If anyone is looking for someone to thank, it would be God...for the mild weather.

No hurricanes, and an amazingly mild winter (so far) have greatly eased demand, especially for natural gas.

With demand slacker than normal, prices have fallen.

Wish they'd come down a bit more...I'm greedy.

5. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I see. So when gas prices rise it is Bush's fault. And when they fall it is God that brings prices down.:laugh:

6. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's amazing how we now accept, no welcome gasoline at well over $2 a gallon, when it was under $1 till Jimmiah attacked the economy.

7. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

I now firmly believe crude oil is renewing itself continuously, and that Corsi and Smith's book "Black gold Stranglehold" illustrates it.

8. billwald

billwald New Member

Anyone remember the old Communist slogan, "Three steps forward, two steps back?" Sound like a graph of gasoline prices?

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

Gas here is $2.06, lowest it's been in a while.

10. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Well gas prices "did" go up after the election. The only reason they are dropping now is the warm start to winter. I am not saying that Bush, or the RNC, forced gas prices down in order to win an election. However it does look suspect that right before the elections prices started falling and soon after they started rising again. Maybe the gas companies were trying to help Bush, maybe it was just an accident of timing, or maybe people in both political parties wanted prices down for the elections. I don't know but I do know that prices dropped and then went back up and for no apparent reason.

11. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

A friend of mine in the oil business told my around the mid or early 90's' or so that he thought $2 a gallon gasoline would make it readily available and reasonably priced. I remember thinking that price was way too high. Not sure of the date though.

There was a price war going on around here and gasoline came down to .199 a gallon from around .299.
    My girl friend (now wife) and I put enough gas in the car to go to Shakies Pizza, in Medford 25 mi. one way, buy the giant Pizza which we ate all of, drive back home and go to the drive in theater. All for $5.
    edited for: This was in about 1964-65 school year.

#11 hillclimber1, Jan 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2007
  12. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Although I enjoy lower gasoline prices, I don't want to see the price of oil get to low. If it does, it will have a negative effect on those of us who supply the oil industries new interest in drilling. If oil gets too low, new drilling slows down or stops.

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

I don't know about anywhere else. But here, gas goes up in Nov and Dec (right after the e election) every year becasue of holiday travel. Right now it is cheaper then it was before or during the election.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Retail Gasoline and Diesel Prices Continue to Decrease"

This is all Bush's fault. We need to find a way to put a stop to this.

ASAP

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that the reason is readily apparent. It's called the NYMEX.

16. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

We have gas across the street at the Walmart for $1.98. Not sure what Kroger's has it for...I'll have to check tomorrow.

Speaking of Kroger's, does anyone else's Kroger's have E85 now? Ours does and it is running $0.30 to $0.40 cheaper than regular gasoline. I wish my truck was compliant.

I keep thinking, this is Houston, oil refinery capital of the world, why can't we get a big discount on gas since the companies don't have to ship it so far?

I don't mind you all having to pay $2.00 a gallon for gas, but I'm in Houston. The gas companies ought to give the hometown folks a break.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder what E85 would cost without the taxpayer subsidy.

18. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Rush said today that the Saudi's were driving the price down in order to harm Iran, but I didn't get the reasoning. anyone get it?

19. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

A lot more than now, but I can't remember how much. It is an inferior fuel.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sunni Muslims(Saudi Arabia) versus Shiite Muslims(Iran) would be my guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.