1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gay Bishop at Lutheran Church

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Mark S, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

LOL, good one stevec.
    [​IMG]

but all joking aside. Those people's belief's are so backwards on this issue. I think it is a shame that they will even try to justify homosexuality, let alone homosexual bishops especialy when the Bible say's so many things against it. I suppose it is just another example of quote christians mixing there own personal feelings into God's word.

2. Lori

Lori New Member

Wow...that's just....not cool what they've written. The next thing you know they will say it's okay to have an open marriage between more than 2 people because (following their logic) it's just a representation of sin and once you're saved it's ok again...soemthing like that.

I don't agree that you (that church) can just sit there and say/assume what was meant in Paul's time is not the same in this time. It is unwise to assume much of anything unless you have actual factual (acutal factual lol) evidence to back up your assumptions. Did they see a letter from Paul explaing what he meant? Did they talk to one of Paul's relatives? See my point here?

azwyld
    <*}}}><

3. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

It never amazes what great lengths people will go to to justify sinful behavior rather than obey God.