1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gay "pastor" prayed in Senate and House

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Ingo Breuer, May 10, 2003.

1. Ingo Breuer

Ingo Breuer Member

I am so terrified at the news that a gay "pastor" named Steve Torrance from a so-called Metropolitan Community "Church" was allowed to open both the House and the Senate with prayer. The church that Mr. Torrance comes from is located in ultra-liberal Key West, FL. Yes, that's where some Americans are still trying to outcomunist Fidel Castro who is just a couple of miles away in Cuba.
    It is a shame that such an individual gets admitted to our Congres and to use the name of the Lord while living in sin, condoning sone, excusing sin from the pulpit, and trying to convince people into a false tolerance toward sin. Does anybody know if any conservative Republican walked out? That's what I'd done.
    This is a very bad development in our country, esp. when you view it in front of the background of Sen. Rick Santorum being critizied in his own party for speaking his Christian convictions on homosexuality.
    Brothers and sisters, the outrage - and I still belive in something called outrage - ought to be on a gay so-called "pastor" and not on Sen. Rick Santorum.
    Yes, homosexuality is a sin, but anybody can be freed from that by the blood of Jesus Christ.
    First, look at the website of this minister who once was gay, but now is saved and delivered from the ungodly lifestyle:
    www.kerusso.org

Secondly, arm yourself with knowledge about what God calls an abomination:
    Gay Myths

Thirdly, act now and sign several petitions to overturn some of the gay lobbies' planned projects:
    Support Sen. Santorum's pro-family stand.

Help stop the gay's deceptive UN "human rights" campaign

Thank you for your signatures. God bless you.

2. Haruo

Haruo New Member

The kerusso.org link doesn't work.

Haruo
    (who is glad to see UFMCC treated on a par with other denominations)

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Thanks for the links Ingo! [​IMG]

4. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

If there really was such a thing as a gay pastor I would be very worried if I was one of his sheep. [​IMG]
    Murph

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Maybe some humans can accept a 'gay pastor', but I'm sure God thinks it is an oxymoron!