1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gay-rights decision protested at E. Kentucky school

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by bb_baptist, Nov 5, 2002.

1. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

Hmm . . . sort of. Sexuality isn't so much a matter of genitalia as it is emotional response. I mean, plenty of people can be attracted to another - even romantically - without it being about sex. So, while yes, on one hand, sexuality is about who we are sexually and romantically attracted to, I would be loath to say that it's solely about sexual activity. That's what I mean when I say a person can be hetero- or homosexual withouth there being sex involved.

The groups are more support groups than anything else, and safe space for discussing issues for the gay community and gay teens, specifically. So, while they wouldn't exist if people weren't gay, being gay isn't solely about sex, so, it's sort of yes, sort of no.

2. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

I understand that many if not most school children are not sexually active but you must admit that were it not for the choice made public by many perverted gays concerning their sexual preference that this club would not be in existance.
    Murph

3. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

Oy. I think I understood that sentence. Help me out. Are you saying that if gay people didn't made their gayness public, then they wouldn't have a need to discuss issues of importance to the gay community? As in, there would be no gay community, hence no issues to discuss? Or if gay people didn't make their gayness public, students wouldn't "become" gay, hence no issues to discuss, because no gay kids?

I want to give you a good answer, but I'm not really sure what the question is. Help! [​IMG]

4. new man

new man New Member

And our culture's "general, secular morality" is rooted in what? None other than the Law of the Bible.

In the Father,

Russ <><

5. MaryKay

MaryKay New Member

6. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

But that doesn't violate the secular ethic. It's the taking of another's property, which is in full violation of the secular ethic.

7. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

This thread has long since stopped being a news item, it has also reached the three page limit. It is now down to a discussion of gay strait christianity. It will be closed first thing in the morning, so please get your last thoughts in. As always you are welcome to choose another forum and begin a new thread on the subject.
    Murph

8. MaryKay

MaryKay New Member

I am sorry but I have to disagree. This is not saying a lot for christians when we allow gay meetings to take place in our schools. Sure some of you can home school but your tax dollars are still supporting this nonsense.
    I live in Eastern Ky and I am ashamed that this is going on in my state and many seem to think it is not a matter to be concerned about.

9. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

Well, then, guess we gotta dump the "meet you at the pole" meetings and any other religious activity taking place at schools, if we're arguing the elimination of the gay group on religious grounds.

Like I said, eliminate all non-school related extra-curriculars, and the problem is solved.