1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Geaux Tigers ----- Lsu Rocks!!!! National Champs!!!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by blackbird, Jan 7, 2008.

1. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

LSU 38

Ohio State 24

A complete domination of the entire football game!!!!!!

SWEET!!!!

2. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

GEAUX TIGERS!!! Plenty of celebration at this Tiger fan's house!:thumbs:

3. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

The game was never really in doubt for me, even in the first 8 minutes.

Here's food for thougt, though:

I wonder how the SEC teams would do if they had to play in Beg Ten stadiums in January?
    My money would have been on OH if the game had been at home for Ohio, outdoors in the cold...

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Congrats to LSU, but I would not say it was a "complete domination the entire game".

Take away some stupid personal fouls (running into the kicker the worst) and OSU is right there with them.

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

OSU gave LSU some breaks, but LSU gave OSU plenty of room to stay in the game. The difference? OSU failed to capitalize.

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Problem is ---- webdog --- you can't take stupidity away---can you???:thumbs: :thumbs: The buckeyes will live on into the future with a "stupidity" mark against them----stupidity counts in football!!!!!! Stupidity is part of football!!!!

Now----granted----if LSU had acted "stupidily"---OSU would have capitalized---but stupidity can't capitalize no matter how hard it tries!!!!

Face it----OSU was outplayed and outcoached--thats all there is to it!!!! Matt Flynn stood out as Quarterback! Jacob Hester as Running Back! Early Doucett as Reciever! Glen Dorsey & Company?? College football's "Iron Curtain!!" Bo Polini stood out as defensive coordinator----Gary Croughton stood out as offensive coordinator---Les Miles stood out as Head Coach!!!!

Put the same LSU team back on the field in the same situations----and they would dominate any team(with the exception of Sister SEC team, Georgia)---on any field---rain, sleet, snow, or 72 degrees & sunshine !!!

#6 blackbird, Jan 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2008
  7. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

You mean like they dominated Arkansas? :smilewinkgrin: The same Arkansas team that got dominated by Mizzou?

Let's face it, LSU won the championship, but no team really dominated anything this year. All of the good teams lost at some point. So spare me the domination talk.

8. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

LSU just happened to best all of the other good teams!
    Even though i bleed purple and gold, i wouldn't call LSU's season dominating; although they did take advantage of the Buckeye mistakes in a dominating way. A lot of good teams could argue about their deserving to be where LSU is, but it's a mute point.
    For the next year i'll just enjoy having that $30,000 crystal ball down in Baton Rouge.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I've said it before and I'll say it again that a 6 week layoff can even the playing field. Take the national championship OSU won in '03. Miami was the better team, IMO...but OSU won.

If LSU was as dominating as you make out...why did they lose twice this year? Why did they give up the first 10 points of the game? LSU did capitalize on OSU's mistakes. If OSU doesn't make those mistakes, however, there is nothing to capitalize on...and it's an entirely different game.

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Wait a second here!!!!

I didn't say a "thang" about LSU dominating the conference nor every opponent they faced in the season

I said---they dominated the BCS game agains Ohio St---at lthe very least---they dominated the last 55 minutes of the game----when LSU erased the 10-0 defecit and then went ahead--the rest of the game was never in question!!!

11. PastorSBC1303

Sorry but I gotta correct you Blackbird, that is not what you said. I will quote it again:

You did not say they dominated the game. You said they would dominate any team but Georgia. The problem is the facts here are against you.

LSU was not a dominating team this year. They won the game. They beat OSU, and they are the National Champs. But there is no way you can make the claim they would dominate any other team but Georgia. They just were not that good, sorry.

12. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Oh--see---umm--well--whatimeantwas

The way LSU played in the championship game---yes--thats it--thats what I meant to say--see??

If LSU played the way they played on Monday---Jan 4---they could have dominated any team put against them on that particular nite---yesthatswhatimeattosaysorryiwasmisunderstood

And plus---they're good enough to finish #1!!!

13. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I don't know that anyone was dominating this year overall. On certain nights, some teams looked unbeatable. Tennessee thoroughly drubbed Georgia. Yet Tennessee got drubbed by arch-rival Bama - who got beaten at home by LA Monroe. Go figure.

LSU lost twice. Ohio State was beaten at home. We can list a list of faults of every team in the Top 25. I guess the 95 Nebraskas are few and far between now a days.

14. PastorSBC1303

No matter how many times you say it Blackbird, it does not make it true. Take off the Tiger blinders for a few minutes :laugh:

LSU was the team holding the trophy at the end, but they was not dominating at any point of the year.

Yep. The 95 Nebraska machine would have thumped LSU by 30 points.

15. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Ain't nobody got any blinders on!!!!

All I'm saying is---on Monday, January 4---LSU dominated the last 55 minutes of the game---I'm not saying they dominated the year---just that particular game!!

We'll see what Bo Polini will do with the 'Huskers!!!!:thumbs: :thumbs:

16. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Interesting piece of trivia. Since 1998, only seven teams who won the BCS title have been undefeated. 3 of the last 5 had losses. Every loss suffered by an eventual BCS champion was inflicted by an SEC team.

I thought that to be interesting. What does it mean? Not much. Just interesting.