1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

General Huck the Traitor

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by cranston36, Nov 9, 2006.

1. cranston36

cranston36 New Member

After learning that Maj. Gen. Richard A. Huck of Camp LeJeune, then the commander of the Second Marine Division, reduced the sentence of Corporal Pimienta (who had murdered a fellow Marine by mishandling his weapon and then fled to Europe to escape prosecution) to six years and the dishonorable discharge to a bad-conduct discharge I realized the depths to which the United States Marine Corps has fallen.
    Major General Huck, in my opinion, is not fit for command.
    I don’t think he is the type of man that should be in the Marine Corps.
    The lack of judgment he used trying to hide this crime seemed a misguided attempt to maintain the reputation of the Marine Corps. Instead he tarnished it.
    It shows to the world gang style operations which present the Marine Corps not as an honorable group fighting for freedom but a gang led by out of touch officers who allow the enlisted men to kill one another instead of the enemy.
    This then, makes Major General Richard Huck, in my opinion, a danger not only the Marine Corps but to the United States of America.
    I understand that the military during peacetime allows men like Huck to move forward because other citizens are doing other things - but that is no excuse to allow him to continue in his office.
    The honorable thing that Major General Huck should do, if he is capable of honorable action (which I thoroughly doubt) would be to resign and decline his retirement pay immediately.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are no indications whatsoever that Huck tried to "hide" the crime.

You are grossly over-reacting.

3. cranston36

cranston36 New Member

It seems then you are okay with incompetent leadership in the Marine Corps.

That's worse than being okay with corruption.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have no case.

Drop it.

5. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

There are usually extenuating circumstances involved which we are not privy to.