1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

General Order Respecting The Observance Of The Sabbath

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Maybe you are the one who has uncovered a right-wing sacred cow?

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Sacred cows make the best hamburger!

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you now the moderator of board topics? Is there some limit on the number of topics one can introduce? Are you the one that determines what "spam" is and isn't? I believe you take too much on yourself.

If you don't like the subject, skip it.

Remarks like "Do you have any opinions of your own..." look a lot like a personal insult, if not a "personal attack".

4. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

The Christian does not have to observe any sabbath.

Basic Christian teaching. :sleeping_2:

5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

I would suggest you study the document and understand its importance in American history as well as its context befor commenting.

6. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

I am not a American, I am a Christian, I will be a Christian according to the Holy Scriptures and the teaching handed down to us Christians by the Apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ..

Not by any modern thought.

You can worship your precious American way as much as you like.

7. 2 Timothy2:1-4

I believe that spamming is against the rules of this board. As of yet my posts have not yet been determined to be as of such character by the mods or admins else they would have been eliminated. So your characterization of my posts falls short on this alone.

Also I do not benefit personally from the sites I have linked to. Nor am I affiliated with them. The sites do contain documents of American history. Why this would be called spamming is hard to tell. But it appears to be an attempt to characterize the situation in a way that might result in the removing of the posts. Thus the characterization as "spamming' appears to have a negative agenda behind it to quiet views, ideas and realities of which you wish to deny to be made public.

Many posts are made with no comment attached to them when linked from another article or site. Yet this is the first one I have seen you make such an objection to. Again this gives the appearance of an agenda to squelch the ideas and views that frustrate you.

In the end you should take Carpos advice on this issue.:thumbs:

8. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Let me clear this up for you. The use of the term Sabbath does not refer to OT day of worship. And the use of this term was at one time to indicate a scriptual time of worship which we do on Sunday. Since you did not understand that you have now mispoken about something you know nothing of.

9. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

First of all, nobody is trying to squelch views, and I am not the least frustrated. What you did is commonly seen as spamming...that is multiple threads opened with nothing expressed by you, all in a short time span and with questionalble links to known reconstructionsist sites. If you have something to say about them, you should say it.