1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured General thoughts on the Homosexual Issue?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by 12strings, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is good, as we are called to love them, and to prsent Christ to them, with the truth of their sin and jesus can save them...

2 seperate issues... Should we love them, present jesus to them in a loving fashion? yes...
    Should we condone that lifestyle, or even bring it as acceptable into the church? God forbid!

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother's ... in my mind I keep going back to the prostitute int the bible who Jesus saved from being killed by being stoned...you of cource know the story. I believe that best answers your questions & concerns! :jesus:

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    he also told her to stop doing that sin though!

4. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Too many churches have gotten the idea (from Satan, where else?) that they have to accept the lost as they are in order to win them. So they ordain them, marry them, and let them live their sinful, wicked lives without having to change anything. This country is on its way to being harshly judged by the One that most people want nothing to do with in their lives.

5. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Replying to the OP, I'm very worried about where this country is headed. Just today the DNC announced their new platform for their convention: Marriage equality. Along with that platform comes approval of sin. The line has been drawn by the lefties. The church will be the moral standard or not. I pray it is. We as Christian's cannot sit down and quit, we must be involved with the Loving message of Jesus, even if we are called "haters".

I see this as the defining moment in the church and country over the next few months or years. And I do feel we will see persecution, I just hope we will lean on Christ for strength and comfort. :thumbs:

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen.... Go & sin no more. Aint dat a wonderful promise of new life! Wonder what He wrote in the dirt? :smilewinkgrin:

#26 Earth Wind and Fire, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you and your family dont buy into the Liberal agenda do you Sola? You trust in God to deliver His people right? Surely you are not anxious about your life, correct? so why dont you put your trust in Him who is sovereign over all & quit worrying about the liberal agenda.

Regarding persecution of the righteous & obedient...I say bring it on....going to happen anyway...sooner the better. Then we will see who really stands for Christ & who doesn't....might even surprise you! :smilewinkgrin:

8. Monster

Monster New Member

Absolutely this!

Unconditional love does not have to encompass unconditional acceptance. They need Christ, and unfortunately what's typically missing in our "righteous" responses is Christ. They need to see most of all, examples of Christ's love in the people that claim Him as Savior. That whole "Showing the love of the Savior" thing is a tough cross to bear when we see the sinner as repugnant, rather than the sin.

Jim, you're a Christian man that I admire. From your wise posts and gentle nature I can say without a doubt, that you'd be someone I'd like to sit and have a long chat with.

So, cheers x 2

9. SolaSaint

I'm ready. I think. I'm not worrying about me but our country. I hate to see it go down this immoral road. What kind of persecution do you think will happen? I can see Christians jailed for hate crimes.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd 2nd that request to sit with my good friend! But do it soon....it starts snowing real early in Canada....LOL. Maybe we can get Jim down to Florida for the winter!

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nodyn Jim .... Pobl Cymru Nid Taffy!:laugh:

Its A Welsh Thing!

#31 Earth Wind and Fire, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
  12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My Brother.... I can only imagine. What ever the Evil One wants to throw at us....intolerance, fanaticism, anti social behavior (a whole plethora of stuff). Have you read some of the stuff the Communists have done to Christians just in torture. The beautiful thing I heard though is that Christians converted their own jailers in prison (by their witnessing).... GOD WILL NOT BE SILENCED!!

This is why I say, treat the sinner with so much love & concern for his well being that he will not be able to slander us when the time of trial & persecution comes .... & it will come brethren.

13. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Why do you think a person becomes homosexual?

14. SolaSaint

For one culture today has made it cool to be gay, teachers teach it is OK to be gay. Churches (some) teach it is OK to be a born again gay. But I think what you mean is why are the same sex attracted to each other? Romans 1 explains that.

15. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

A perfectly sound and appropriate word

Bro."free"....it is no more wrong to call them "queers" than it is to call them "gay".....or homos,etc. I once had a lesbian I knew personally tell me that there was nothing "gay" about her lifestyle. She knew it was sin and was unwilling at the time to turn from it. I hope and pray that she has since then but I lost track of her nearly 20 years ago. I have heard homosexuals (I'll be civilized if it will make you feel better) call themselves "queer" so I have no problem calling them that and describing their lifestyle the same way...it IS Q U E E R .....and our Lord called the pharisees of his day a bunch of SNAKES(vipers) and also referred to the "gay" lifestyle as an ABOMINATION. You call'em what you think is appropriate...and I'll do likewise. I have some homo aquaintances that I pray for but I'm not afraid to tell them that they are wrong and that Jesus Christ died for us all (that is unless you are calvinist and believe that limited atonement nonsense. By the way...I'm about to reclassify the word Democrat as a cussword.:tongue3:

Sorry...just had to get that burr out from under the saddle!

Bible-Believing Bro.Greg:thumbs:

16. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

While I disliked doing the search to find a reference, here is one of many that support your use of the word Queer.

Titled: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Center

The LGBTQ Center works to foster a safe inclusive environment for UNC-Chapel Hill community members of all sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions. http://lgbtq.unc.edu/

IMHO, the line has been drawn in the sand with this issue. Religious freedom (Christian freedom) has been under increasing attack in these latter days.

If anyone hasn't read David Cloud's article in the link above, please do so. Then think about this question.

If you are a pastor, how much longer will you be able to read any and all scriptures from the Bible to your congregation on Sunday morning? Will you be put into jail for "hate speech" if you quote from God's word?

If you are a layperson, how much longer will you be able to carry a Bible in public? Especially one of the older versions that state that marriage is between a man and a woman (just 2 - male & female) and that sexual relations outside of marriage are a sin.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the term "queer " is a very discriprive term & appropriate. Being a homosexual isn't normal. Heaven knows how gay got adopted. Gay indeed!

18. 12strings

12strings Active Member

1. Homosexuality is already legal.

2. I'm not sure why you had to bring politics into this discussion, but I think it is unnecessary and that you have crossed into saying things that are not helpful. Here's why: In our Church there is a godly, christian man who is a democrat. He is Pro-Life, and is even on the board of our local Crisis pregnancy center (that both shares the Gospel with women, and uses ultrasounds and counseling to talk women out of having abortions. He Goes on missions trips to Haiti. BUT...he simply things that government should be doing things that help alleviate the suffering of the poor, even if it means taking more taxes from the wealthy, and he thinks the government should provide health coverage for those who don't have it. We may disagree about these things, but I have no biblical grounds for saying he is not a "CHRISTIAN WHO IS IN RIGHT RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.

In addition, co-mingling biblical issues with other, less-clear issues (like economic policy) does not help to our cause in opposing clear violations of scripture. Rather than telling people they need to switch positions on abortion, homosexuality, and become republicans...wouldn't it be better to focus squarely on the clear biblical issues, so that many more democrats would become pro-life and pro-traditional marriage?

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    think would be a BIG push against that IF the Black pastors as a whole reminded their churches that yeshua is the messiah, not the first Black president!

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think he wrote down the names of the men there who also had 'fun" with her doing their sinful activities!