1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Generational curses

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Oct 14, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

It would become automatically broken the moment one believed unto jesus and be saved, after that, important to realise we are now freed, and NO need to go back under that bondage, as we are feed by God...

battle at that point in the mind, as we are feed by the Cross, but Satan love us to think we are not and have us act as if we weren't![/QUOTE]

and that means what?

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Sin is THE generational curse. You can't avoid that one.

3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

and that means what?[/QUOTE]

That there is now NO condemnation for those of us found to be in Christ, power of the Cross disarmed the Devil, and our job is to walk in that, by allowing the HS to produce His fruit in us...

satan wants us to be ignorant that Jesus freed us fully, the wants us to stay in fear and think still have to be under any curse!

4. JesusFan

yes! That would be the "generational curse" all of us were born under/into, and the Cross sets us free indeed!

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That there is now NO condemnation for those of us found to be in Christ, power of the Cross disarmed the Devil, and our job is to walk in that, by allowing the HS to produce His fruit in us...

satan wants us to be ignorant that Jesus freed us fully, the wants us to stay in fear and think still have to be under any curse![/QUOTE]

You really have lost me. As Nothing has been stated to the contrary.

6. JesusFan

You really have lost me. As Nothing has been stated to the contrary.[/QUOTE]

was just addressing Joey questioning on curses!

7. joey

joey Member

I am a she - "joey" was my usual school nickname to abbreviate my full name. Also name for the baby of a kangaroo or wallaby. :)

Yes my brother and sisters have continued the curse. Several marriages have ended because they took after my mother. My brother has ended up with a woman somewhat like my mother. I am the only one in my family whose marriage has lasted. (16 years this November).

#47 joey, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2011
  8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Thank you for the correction sister. I am glad that you have found the truth and pray that the rest of your family does also.

9. joey

joey Member

Yes it would be a miracle if they came to God... but then I was completely lost so God would be able to bring them to know the Truth as well.

10. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

.....visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; Ex 20:5

Take a look at what came upon the the children of Israel for the sins of their fathers because of the evil that they did to their brother Joseph, in that they betrayed him and sold him into bondage (Joseph being a fascinating type of Christ). It was exactly the fourth generation that was released from bondage and came up out of Eygpt:

And God spake on this wise, That his seed should sojourn in a strange land; and that they should bring them into bondage, and entreat them evil four hundred years. Acts 7:6

13 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;
    16 And in the fourth generation they shall come hither again..... Gen 15

#50 kyredneck, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2011
  11. JesusFan

Just think that a lot of this get "airplay" due to people, especially in cultic/heretical side of charimatics getting this used to sell tons on books on this subject!

#51 JesusFan, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2011