1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Generational Failure

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you read my post carefully, you will find nothing whatever resembling karma.

2. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Luke, I'm glad you got that off your chest. :rolleyes:

3. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

I Will....!

Percho...I WILL copy and paste that....it is worth putting here for ALL to see!
    Rev. 3:14-22 -
    14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
    15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
    16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
    17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
    18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
    19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
    20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
    21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
    22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Percho...Thanks for sharing your thoughts and that important passage of scripture. Time is getting short...we need to humble ourselves and get busy about our Master's work.

Bro.Greg:saint:

4. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Don't pretend for one second that you know a thing about "Pelagianism"...or what is was..or what Pelagius himself believed...you don't..

And almost NO ONE on this board is even "Pelagian" anyway...

You mock yourself. :laugh:

5. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

Take either the US or Great Britain....BOTH of them are shadows of the possible glory they both once might have had....Folks...you may like Luke's assessment or not: It's a "generalization"...yes... But "generalizations" exist ony because they are "generally" true...and truth is, Luke is "generally" correct.

On the whole: "Generally" the onus of this OP is absolutely true...and you may deny it as you will (of course you will but what's new?)

The OP is right-on:thumbs::thumbs::wavey:

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only you know eveerything oh great and almighty oz...:laugh:

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I will give you this...your a consistant lunatic :thumbs:

8. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

I don't know "everything"....I know the difference between "Arminianism" and
    "Pelagianism" and you don't...if that makes me "OZ"....than, I accept the nomination..if it doesn't than I don't..But, you are "wrong" and I remain "right" about my definitions...That isn't arrogance, my friend..it's knowledge which is only bestowed by God's pre-determined Grace.:wavey:

9. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

And you are "inconsistent". History shall be the judge: You are patently not trying to debate but, merely insult at this point:
    And it bores me. You win, ok how about that. And I think you meant to say: "'you're' a consistent lunatic" not "your" a consistent lunatic." Because that makes no sense.

#29 HeirofSalvation, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
  10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More to the point...you have the intellect to engage Lukie and make him answerable.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why in Gods name would I ever want to debate you.....but hang around ....

#31 Earth Wind and Fire, Mar 13, 2013
  12. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

I have no idea why you would...I wouldn't...

I would NEVER debate me, and yet YOU DO! Only you can answer that question, and similarly, it appears that only YOU can prevent forest fires.:wavey:
    And yes, I am quite entertaining...thank you for noticing..and guess what...Luke's OP was right...

#32 HeirofSalvation, Mar 13, 2013
  13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Funny stuff..when is your next act??:laugh:

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Knew this thread would go nowhere . . fast. And it is living down to my first evaluation.

Maybe I should close it on general principles . . .:tonofbricks:

15. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Yes, let's not dare challenge anyone's thinking and declare it to be wrong and dangerous and that it needs to be replaced or we lose this nation.

Let's just visit and pet each other's ego.

That's a much better use of our time.

16. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I don't mean this as an attack- I really don't. But this wrong and I'll tell you why.

You have to confront the current paradigm if you are going to build a better one. God told Jeremiah to tear down before he built up.

You cannot present right thinking in an age anchored to wrong thinking if you don't address the wrong thinking.

17. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

This is the problem.

A very BASIC law of hermeneutics is that you don't force passages to apply universally when they have a specific context they are supposed to apply to.

If you think this one verse condemns ANYONE from ever rebuking an elder then you don't know enough about how to interpret the Bible to speak about it.

But, just for the record, I did point out that D. James Kennedy, Adrian Rogers and W. A. Criswell condemned their own generation as well.

How many witnesses do you need??

18. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Empty rhetoric. I am amazed at the lack of character and courage of those who can throw stones from a safe distance and run for the hills if the person they bloody comes to confront them.

You do this drive-by posting mess because you cannot make a case for what you purport.

Any coward can throw stones from a safe distance and run and hide.

If you made a case for what you are saying, you know I would dismantle it and show how shallow your thinking is.

That's why you hit and run.

19. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

There are these pesky little things called facts that detractors on here seem to want to avoid like the plague.

Facts like:

1- Prayer was not taken out of school in the 90's- it was the 60's

2- Drugs did not become an epidemic with generation x. This happened on the previous generation's watch.

3- Divorce became common place- not in the 80's and 90's- but in the 60's and 70's.

4- AIDS became an epidemic in the 60's and 70's.

5- Roe v. wade passed in the early 70's.

6- Kids today are not gathering by the tens of thousands and having mass sex orgies on the White house lawn. No. That happened in the 60's.

And we could go on and on...

Facts are what matter.

not feelings.

Facts.

20. Herald

Herald New Member

Mr. Brown, I never mentioned rebuking an elder (as in the office of elder). I am and elder, and I was lovingly rebuked by a member a few years ago. The result? I repented of a sinful attitude and my friendship with this brother deepened because of the love he displayed towards me. Your post is devoid of love or compassion. You assume the role of a railing prophet. There may be a time for that, but not on an Internet discussion board.

I am part of a generation that has produced some faithful men of God, who proclaim the truth. It is a fallacy that the Norman Rockwell generation was better or somehow more godly. Just do a study of the patristic age and you will see a society bent on sin. Righteousness has always been fighting an uphill battle. It will continue to do so until the Lord returns.

I generally appreciate your defense of the truth in your posts, but are you willing to accept some pastoral counsel provided in love? Even though you may have added a "legal" caveat to your OP, the acerbic nature of your post did produce a sweeping indictment. There are many faithful men in that same generation, and somehow your post served only to trivialize their contribution to the faith. I urge you to consider that.