1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Genesis 1&2 - The Beginning - A Different Perspective

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by 2Pillars, May 21, 2019.

1. 2Pillars

2Pillars Member
    Site Supporter

2Pillars said:
    Again, your understanding of the Scripture and the usage of the word "DAYS" in Gen 1&2 is very poor and shows lack of common sense, since, your argument is out of context to the issue at hand - Gen 1&2 - God's Creative Days.

Sorry, but I don’t find you to be a Bible Believing Christian. In fact, and I might be wrong, therefore, I will apologize in advance - if such the case - BUT, I honestly believe that you are just one of the few Christian Pretenders of this Message Board - who will always take advantage of other Christian’s Doctrinal disagreement and discussion of the Scripture..... Desiring to be a theological teacher of the law… having itching ears, understanding neither what you say or whereof to affirm your own Biblical Stand… And for this cause, God will send you a strong delusion that you should believe a lie.

Therefore, I will suggest that you should stick to your man's natural knowledge, simply because, your spiritual understanding of Scripture is very poor and woefully lacking... in spite of my spoon feeding you with answers to your questions in reference to my postings. Why? It's because you are not here to listen or learn.

Have a good day.

#41 2Pillars, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What makes you think I do not believe the written inerrant word of God?

And if you were to explain to someone how to know God Himself from His written word, what would you instruct that person?

3. 2Pillars

2Pillars Member
    Site Supporter

Unbelievers or Christian Pretenders CANNOT understand Scripture because they don't have the Holy Spirit to guide them into God's Truth. 1Co 2:14 This is because one MUST have the Gift of Faith from the Father. Eph 2:8-10

God has hidden His Truth from this lost and dying world and only revealed it to His children. This ASSURES that ONLY by Faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ according to the Scriptures can one be saved. In order to understand you MUST study to show yourself approved unto God. 2Ti 2:15.... Below is one of my favorite verses.

Pro 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Ephesians 2:8-10, the gift is being saved. Faith is not the gift there, and it is through the faith that the gift is being received. It is a matter of the Greek grammar being used there.

5. 2Pillars

2Pillars Member
    Site Supporter

I am not sure why you are trying so hard to TWIST what is clearly written in the cited text to suit your agenda. Below is the actual text in question.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: v9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Notice in Hebrew 11:1 Faith is Substance and Evidence. Once you have been born Spiritually it will allow you to see, evidence of things not seen when God gives you the Faith to believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, according to the Scriptures. It is a GIFT from God to men. Without this Faith, one cannot be born again.

Once, you have received this Faith, you can begin to look for the evidence of things not seen as Hebrews 11:1 shows.

Hbr 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

It means that you must not accept everything else, by Blind Faith, since it is now possible for you to look for the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen, before you were made alive Spiritually.

That's what I do, and it is really thrilling to discover the evidence of God, which I call PROOF of God, since it is PROOF to me. since I have been born Spiritually, in Christ, by Faith. I have also noticed that it's NOT evidence to unbelievers, as they blaspheme God's Holy Word as myth, allegory, and fiction. Those who don't look for God's Truth will never find it.

6. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I work with the Word of God. You should quote what I posted. My first impression is that you are lying, or did not understood what I wrote or yet interpreted it erroneously. As is written in the Word of God - God is a title, the Word is God: "the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" .1Cor.2:v.14 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the SPIRIT of MAN which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no MAN, but the Spirit of God.

7. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Seems you know only the letter of the Bible, but know not and have not the Spirit. The letter kills, who takes only the letter of Scripture for preaching, he kills the souls, I even would say he is a killer of souls.

Furthermore, it seems you know not what Heaven is. By the way, there are the 1st, and the 2nd, and the 3rd heavens, and the heaven of the heavens, and TWO of these heavens will be DISSOLVED, as Peter the Apostle prophesied saying, as follow: 2Pe:3:v.7&11-13
    "7 But the heavens - the FIRMAMENTS as said God - and the earth, which ARE NOW, by the same Word are kept in store, reserved unto FIRE against the Day of Judgment and perdition of ungodly men".
    11 Seeing then that all these things shall be DISSOLVED, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
    12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the Day of God - the Lord's Day - , wherein the heavens being on FIRE shall be DISSOLVED, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
    13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness."

Tell us what are Heavens or the firmaments? Seems you know not what is FIRMAMENTS called Heavens by God, God is a title, the Word is God, the invisible God.

8. 2Pillars

2Pillars Member
    Site Supporter

2Pillars said:
    You (Oseas) said that Gen 2:3 is in the past.

Here's the complete context of the quote that you trying hard to avoid since you don't have a come back or rebuttal to offer ... see below.
    That’s NOT my style Oseas and I resent your false and unfounded accusation about me. Get real. Its either you respond directly to the issues I brought forth taken on your immediate post above my reply # 37 or everybody will see that you don't really understand what you are spouting here.

IN FACT, the quote was taken right above my response (post #37) to your long convoluted cut-and-paste post # 36.... filled with ERRORS ... see below the actual quote….

For your correct learning Oseas... YHWH or Jesus, the Son, came in to this physical world and provided the light in the beginning BEFORE the world was... when his Almighty God Father commanded and spoke the 1st Word in the beginning and said LET THERE BE LIGHT : and there was light. Gen 1:3

Now Oseas, are you going to respond to the issues I brought forth which, seemingly, you are trying to avoid and ignore …. or are you ready to admit your obvious ERRORS? Which one?

Quote 2Pillars:>>>>Another misunderstanding of Genesis by Oseas: Here's why... see below...

Without YHWH or Jesus, the Son, was Not anything made that was made, because Everything Physical was formed - as a potter would mold a clay - by the Physical Hands of the Only God, the Only Image, the Only Begotten Son of the Invisible Spirit of God.

Gen. 1:6-8 shows that the Firmament or Heaven, as God calls it in Gen. 1:8 was formed on the 2nd Day.

The narrative of Gen. 1:1-2 is speaking of the period BEFORE the 1st Day.

This is what Jesus said when He was praying to His Father at the Garden of Gethsemane:

And now, O Father, glorify thou Me with Thine Own Self with the Glory which I had with Thee BEFORE the world was." John 17:5

Glory is Brightness, a physical trait. Jesus is reminding His Invisible God Father about the Brightness of his Glory that He provided BEFORE the world was (Gen 1:3).... BEFORE the Making of our physical Worlds.

If one believes that In the beginning God created the Heavens (Plural) BEFORE the 1st Day, then the Words of Jesus would seem to be in error.

If one believes that the 1st Firmament or Heaven was formed on the 2nd Day, then it would agree with Jesus, and would show that Jesus came into the World Before the 1st Heaven was formed....BEFORE the world was. <<<< END OF QUOTE

#48 2Pillars, Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  9. 2Pillars

2Pillars Member
    Site Supporter

Dear Oseas,

Please do not pass to others your own predicament and weaknesses. It's not acceptable practices. Also, stop avoiding the issue that is being presented to you.... by DIVERTING and by REPEATING what others have already posted and explained on this Forum... and pretend that you are providing your own refutation in response to my post. NICE TRY BUT NO CIGAR!

See my quotes below..

Now are going to respond to my outstanding issue that I brought up below to show your doctrinal errors?

QUOTE="2Pillars,>>>>Another misunderstanding of Genesis by Oseas: Here's why... see below...

Without YHWH or Jesus, the Son, was Not anything made that was made, because Everything Physical was formed - as a potter would mold a clay - by the Physical Hands of the Only God, the Only Image, the Only Begotten Son of the Invisible Spirit of God.

Gen. 1:6-8 shows that the Firmament or Heaven, as God calls it in Gen. 1:8 was formed on the 2nd Day.

The narrative of Gen. 1:1-2 is speaking of the period BEFORE the 1st Day

This is what Jesus said when He was praying to His Father at the Garden of Gethsemane:

And now, O Father, glorify thou Me with Thine Own Self
    with the Glory which I had with Thee BEFORE the world was." John 17:5

Glory is Brightness, a physical trait. Jesus is reminding His Invisible God Father about the Brightness of his Glory that He provided BEFORE the world was (Gen 1:3).... BEFORE the Making of our physical Worlds.

If one believes that In the beginning God created the Heavens (Plural) BEFORE the 1st Day, then the Words of Jesus would seem to be in error.

If one believes that the 1st Firmament or Heaven was formed on the 2nd Day, then it would agree with Jesus, and would show that Jesus came into the World Before the 1st Heaven was formed....BEFORE the world was. <<<< END OF QUOTE

10. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

I quoted the Word of God, Scriptures do not acuse but reveals who you are and the spirit by which you are possessed. As is written in the Word of God - God is a title, the Word is God: "the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" .1Cor.2:v.14 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the SPIRIT of MAN which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no MAN, but the Spirit of God.

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of SOUL and SPIRIT, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart, and there is not any creature that is not manifest in HIS sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of HIM with whom we have to GIVE ACCOUNT.

Furthermore, JESUS left very clear by His Word, saying: - Every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the Day of Judgment. - the Lord's Day - For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. YOU ARE LOST.

11. 2Pillars

2Pillars Member
    Site Supporter

Again, as usual, except for another DIVERSION TACTICAL MANEUVERING.... you don't have any rebuttal to offer.... to defend the LOONINESS of your CULTIC STAND, that is being exposed here on this Forum, correct? How sad, isn't it?

FYI, that always happen when somebody like you, who always PRETEND to know more than he is capable of handling. Like many others Pretenders of any Christian Forums, you have nothing but BLUFF too....tsk..tsk....tsk

Oh well, again below are one of the many issues that you seemingly trying to ignore and avoid... repeatedly... even on the other Forum we were engaged in.....

BUMP! BUMP! BUMP! ..... REPOST....

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

The word finished in Hebrew means brought to perfection since that is HOW God's work always ends. Notice also that ALL the host of Heaven (including the last sinner to be saved) are present in Heaven at this time.

Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from ALL his work which he had made.
    v3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from ALL his work which God created and made.

You (Oseas) said that Gen 2:3 is in the past. Yet, our Lord God, the Son, came to Earth some 2k years ago, and told us the exact opposite of your flawed traditional religious view that your are spouting over and over again (even on the other website) .... for He said the following below, the time He was being sought to be killed by the Jews for working on the ALLEGED "sabbath day":

Jhn 5:16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.
    v17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh
    hitherto, and I work.

Hitherto in Greek means up to the present time. Jesus is saying that the Father and He are working at the time Jesus was on the Earth.

The imperfect tense of the Hebrew verb shows that God's Work of CREATION continues Today. Even, EVERY Gospel preacher agrees and tells us that it is NOT too late to be born again Spiritually.

The present 6th Day IS the Day of Salvation.

2Co 6:2 (For He saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured (helped) thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, NOW is the day of salvation.)

The Holy Spirit, the Son, and the Father are STILL working today to create sinners in Christ Spiritually. Amen?

Now, continue to study and realize that I am edifying The Great Sabbath, the 7th Day, when ALL Christians will cease from our labor on Earth and we will join Jesus for the Age of Joy which will never end because the 7th Day (Gen 2:3) has No Evening and No End.

Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

Any direct thought or rebuttal - ref. above, Oseas?... No? .... I, thought so!!!...

Amen?

#51 2Pillars, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  12. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    TSIA about your understainding about Genesis 2:1-3. (Exodus 20:11)

13. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Amen? No, not Amen.

Hear oh spirit of darkness, a true Christian who has the Spirit of God will say Amen only to the messages written or spoken by / through the Spirit of God and through His messengers exclusively.

The true Christians, the true believers, will never say Amen to messages written by your evil spirit, of which you are possessed as a messenger of the Devil, for the true Christian, the true believer, does not ignore the devices of Satan.

What I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire to present themselves as whether were a Christian; that they may be found as they are, i.e. as false preachers of the Word of God, deceitful and dissimulated preachers, transforming surreptiously themselves as whether they were a Christian preachers of the Word of God, but are messengers of the Devil.

I bring to remembrance of all people here, that which JESUS said unto His disciples: "Have not I chosen you twelve? And one of you is a devil". - Yeah, one of the twelve was a devil, a betrayer of our Lord JESUS, but today the Earth is infested of devils and betrayers and apostates like you.

Get behind us, Satan! You are a stumblingblock in the path of the Christian people, your thinking is from a satanic perspective, not from God’s perspective!” as it is exemplified in Matt.16:v.23

14. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It may be an idiom using two opposite extremes to represent the totality of everything in between. In Hebrew God created the Air and the Earth, like the English idiom derived from it “Heaven and Earth” ... as in “He moved Heaven and Earth to be here.” representing that someone did everything that could be done, leaving nothing excluded. Another example would be Jesus as the “Alpha and Omega”; where Jesus is more than just the First and Last, Jesus is also everything in between.

15. 2Pillars

2Pillars Member
    Site Supporter

ANOTHER BIBLICAL IGNORANCE BY OSEAS - TAKEN FROM THEIR POSTED CULTIC STAND or GOATHERDER'S THEOLOGY.... Here's why....

Based on the Scripture.... Christ, the Son, is BEFORE all things, the FIRSTBORN of Every Creature:

Co 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    v16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
    v17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Here are some Scriptural Proof Text that are in harmony together in chronological order, contrary to Oseas Cultic Stand .... The Son of God being Brought Forth or Begotten into this Physical World BEFORE anything is made that was made - BEFORE the Making of our Worlds.... Becoming the FIRSTBORN of Every Creature.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. Prov. 8:22

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Gen 1:2

The same was in the beginning with God. John 1:2

I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.Prov 8:3

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Gen, 1:3

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:3

When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. Prov 8:24

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.Gen.1:4

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.John 1:4

Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: Prov 8:25

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Gen 1:5

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. John 1:5 ...AMEN?

WHO WILL BELIEVE YOU NOW, OSEAS?

Dear Readers:

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. v9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

God Bless

#55 2Pillars, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  16. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ". . . everything . . . "? Jesus is the Christ and as such both the man and God. And as God is the beginning and the end, having no beginning and no end.

17. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus did not exist JUST “in the beginning” (the alpha) and JUST in the “new heaven and earth” (omega) ... he also exists during all the in-between times. In English the idiom is “A to Z” and in Greek the same idiom is “Alpha and Omega”.

18. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus became the man Jesus in His incaration. He always was and is "the first and the last." Isaiah 44:6, Revelation 1:17-18.

19. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not disagree with any of that. It just has nothing to do with the VERY SIMPLE point that I was making on Genesis 1:1.

My only point was that “heavens and earth” in Hebrew can be interpreted literally, or it can be understood as an idiom meaning “everything” ... in other words, Genesis 1:1 begins with a sweeping overview claiming that god created everything from the lowest depths to the highest heights and everything in between. John 1 takes this approach when it hammers home again and again that the Word created everything and nothing that has been created was created without him.

You made a statement that “air” and “dirt” seemed “naive” and I just wanted to make you aware that it could have been a figure of speech that was anything but naive.

20. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    See, the problem or the question is not any kind of idiom , but revelation of the mysteries of God the Almighty. First, God is a title, the Word is God.

What is your source to say that? Is it the Bible or another source?

Genesis 1 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Parashah 1: B’resheet (In the beginning) 1:1–6:8

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
    Yeah, God created the Heavens, the 1st, and the 2nd, and the 3rd heaven, and the heaven of the heavens, understand?

As we can see in the Complete Jewish Bible, it is not written "God created the Air and the Earth" as you said in your post, do you agree?

See, Heaven is not Air, and Air is not Heaven. Who interprets "Air" are confounding the physical space of the Universe, called Sky by men, with a celestial place in Christ called Heaven in the Holy Scriptures.

It is written: There are three that bear record in Heaven, the Father - God the Father - , the Word - the Word made flesh - JESUS - , and the Holy Spirit, which is not a ghost as is written in English language, but a Person - : and these three are One.

But what is Heaven? What prevails is the Word of God, and not the conjectures, or suppositions, or imaginations of men which think erroneously that Heaven is the physical space of Universe.

As I said, what prevails is the Word of God, and the Word of God says that Heaven is a place in CHRIST: Ephesians 1:v.3-14 (among others):

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

6 To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace;

8 Wherein He hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He hath purposed in Himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him:

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of His own will:

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory.