1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Genesis 3:15, Luke 4:4 - Gnostic?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by natters, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Get a book for yourself! You are adult who depend on me like a child. :mad:
    What I told you many times is to get a book by yourself. I have it on my hand. WHERE is that book in YOUR hand? :mad:

2. Askjo

Askjo New Member

I have that book in my hand. WHERE is that book in YOUR hand? :mad:
    If I post the information, critcize me what you want to say back against me without dicussion?
    Can't afford? Can't YOU afford anything? Sell your PC and buy it! :mad:

3. natters

natters New Member

-30 points for Askjo.

4. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Ziggy, vague comment! I researched my own and found the evidences. When I post what I learned, critcize me what you want to say. I disagree with Riplinger, but other quotations by her are good. I disagree with Ruckman concerning the inspiration, but he has excellent sources showing evidences that I agree. I agree with David Cloud concerning James R. White. I have JRW's book and marked his spurious comments in his one book. I have Gipp's book. I disagree with him, but he has some excellent comments. I do not favor Jay Green, do you know that? But He has a good book that shows how the gnostics dealt deceitfully with many Scriptures in earlier time and compare with translators dealt deceitfully with modern versions in our lifetime.

5. Askjo

Askjo New Member

What???

6. natters

natters New Member

Askjo said "When I post what I learned"

But you aren't posting what you learned, you are posting "Buy the book". That doesn't help anybody. If I bought every book that everybody told me to buy, I could open my own public library. Sorry, but you're going to have to PROVE to me that the book is worth buying, and to do that you're going to have to discuss one or two examples from it, preferably what it has to say on Genesis 3:15 and Luke 4:4. Otherwise, give it a rest.

7. Askjo

Askjo New Member

You misunderstand what I said. What I post is many posts that I post since I joined this BB. You were not there until 2004.

8. natters

natters New Member

Askjo, then help me out. Describe what is Gnostic about Genesis 3:15 and Luke 4:4. Don't simply tell me to buy a book, I refuse to buy books without proof they are worth buying, because God wants me to be a good steward of the money he has blessed me with. Buying books just because someone I don't know on the internet told me to is not being a good steward.

9. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

First of all I do not desire to have this individual's book. I did not bring it up, you did, then you refuse to give any pertinent information to back up your claims. Secondly, you are the one acting in a childish manner. If you don't want to deal with the topic say so. Anybody can get on here claim what a book says and then tell others to buy the book. Do you want me to start listing all the books in my library, and insist you go purchase them. This is all just another smoke screen from you rather than dealing with the issue.

As for the second comment in your response. You are really going to have to correspond in understandable English or we cannot have a discussion.

Bro Tony

10. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

I can just imagine my dissertation, Askjo-style. Just include a 15-page references filled with books, turn it in, and pass. Who needs to explain the information, anyway, right?

11. Askjo

Askjo New Member

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Askjo: "Ziggy, vague comment!

I don't know how more clear I could make it. Sorry you don't see the point.

Askjo: I disagree with Riplinger, but other quotations by her are good. I disagree with Ruckman ... but he has excellent sources showing evidences that I agree. I agree with David Cloud concerning James R. White....I have Gipp's book. I disagree with him, but he has some excellent comments. I do not favor Jay Green...But He has a good book....

Ok, Askjo, this now turns on standards of evidence and standards of truth: *HOW* are *YOU* able to recognize truth from error in what you seem to admit are the supposedly partly true. partly false writings of these people?

Merely to decide that truth is what you happen to "agree" with and falsity is what you happen to "disagree" with is NOT the solution. So, what then is your manner of separating truth from error when reading these people? I don't think you have any way to make the distinction.

On the other hand, most of the rest of us would avoid error-filled publications with the proverbial ten-foot pole -- read them once, weigh them in the balances, and if found wanting, set them aside permanently (which is why my copies of Green's rantings long ago were placed in a box, along with books by Ruckman, Waite, Riplinger, etc.).

So why, Askjo, do you continue to lean on bruised reeds that even *you* admit contain some truth mixed with a good deal of error? Totally illogical.

13. natters

natters New Member

Askjo, the cost is little. Buy it for us. Or save yourself some cash and just answer the question.

14. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Ziggy, I am not Ruckmanite or Riplinger or Gipp. They believe that the KJV is the best translation than MVs. I agree with them.

Natters, you have a job and earn $$. You can afford to buy it. [​IMG]

15. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I have that book in my hand. WHERE is that book in YOUR hand? :mad:
    If I post the information, critcize me what you want to say back against me without dicussion?
    Can't afford? Can't YOU afford anything? Sell your PC and buy it! :mad:
    </font>[/QUOTE]This is a rather mean-spirited response to my polite request. I was surprised as this is not the way I would expect a Christian to answer me.

And what does, "If I post informaton, criticize me what you want to say back against me without discussion" mean? I really don't understand that sentence, Askjo.

I can't sell my pc because
    1. I need it for my ministry
    2. If I did, then I would not be able to follow this discussion.

This is not about criticism but about facts. You have the book, you brought up the book, and yet you refuse to even post even one text that shows Gnostic beliefs in the MV's. We can discuss this if you post a text.

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

"Buy the book" usually means...

"I don't want to try and defend my views, so I'll let you argue with this author instead."

Askjo, if the book has had such an impact, why not share its major views with us instead of just demanding, "Buy the book!"?

17. michelle

michelle New Member

I think Askjo probably does not do what you ask, because every single time he has, you all argue with him, and end up saying mean and untrue things. I am not saying you personally Marcia, but others in general, as that is what happens anytime we share anything with anyone. I do not blame Askjo one bit. If many on here really cared enouph to know, and find out the truth, they would have no problem to seek to buy this book, or research this on their own. These threads continually show an argumentative, and false accusitorial spirit, that many of us, are just plain tired of getting into. Askjo is really only trying to share the truth with you all in love, and does not want to get into an argumenative debate.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

18. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then he should post a paragraph or two so we can feel the love.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michelle: "If many on here really cared enouph to know, and find out the truth, they would have no problem to seek to buy this book, or research this on their own."

Have you bought a copy of Green's book, Michelle? If not, don't you care enough to know and find out the truth?

20. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Askjo: "Ziggy, I am not Ruckmanite or Riplinger or Gipp. They believe that the KJV is the best translation than MVs. I agree with them."

But Askjo, you just said that you disagree with them on many things. The question was *not* whether you agree with them here or disagree there, but whether you have some verification standard which allows you to tell when these people speak error or truth, since you yourself admit that their writings are partial truth mixed with partial error.

As I said, merely saying "I agree here" or "I disagree here" sets YOU up as your own infallible standard of truth and error. Is this what you are claiming?

To make the point clearer: David Koresh said we were living in the end times. I agree with him. The Pope says the Trinity is a true doctrine. I agree with him. Do you get the point?