1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Genesis 3:22

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Mari, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Mari

Mari New Member

Genesis 3:22

I want to know if this vers says that men has his own will the so “called free will” or not.

If you think that it so, please explain why.

If not, please explain why.

It is not my intension to make this a “salvation by grace” versus a “salvation by works” discussion.
    Or Baptist versus Calvinist descussion.

I just want to know what you think that vers mean and why.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It certainly shows that man has a free will. Sadly, that free will ALWAYS choosed wrong and is in bondage to the sin nature that controls it.

That changing of the will is one of the works of regeneration done by the Holy Spirit to prepare me so that I COULD "call" on the Lord to be saved!

3. BrianT

BrianT New Member

How is it free will if you have no choice but to choose wrong? That reminds me of that famous quote by Henry Ford when he made his first production car: "People can have the Model T in any colour--so long as it's black." [​IMG]

4. Mari

Mari New Member

BrainT a question Why should God give you something you cannot use?

He is no men (that he schould lie), right?

In my opinion if God stated something in the bible is because we needed that info or not?