1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Get Ready For Halloween

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Tommy Bell, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Tommy Bell

Tommy Bell New Member

Halloween is a holiday that some Christians usually don't take advantage of when it comes to sharing our faith. A friend of mine made a couple of Halloween tracts fo such a time as this. They actually turned out pretty awesome. They are 4.25x2.75 inches which is a bit larger than a business card, but smaller than the post card, so that they can easily fit into individual candy bags to be given out. If ordered in quantities of 1000, 2500, or 5000, they can be personalized with your ministry or church information on them. What other time of the year do you have kids lining up at your door to get a treat! Give them something that really counts!

Here are the images below.

Worded for Adults:​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Worded for Children:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

This is just so wrong. How would you like your kids being proselytized by some religion while enjoying a fun time? Threatening children with hell while they are having a fun time dressing up and getting candy is awful. There is a time and place to discuss religion. Children's religious training is their parents' perogative, not yours.

3. Tommy Bell

Tommy Bell New Member

One question to ponder :

How many cute little Trick-or-Treaters will actually be in hell in 100 years?

According to the Bible in Matthew 7:13, we are warned with the following words : "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."

If my children know and understand the truth, then being proselytized by some religion would only strengthen their faith.

Hell is not some weird doctrine to be scared of, IT IS REALITY !

I often ask people when I witness to them, "If hell is a real place, would you want to be warned about it?" I have never had a person tell me "No".

Jesus himself spoke of hell more than heaven, and he also said, "If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels." ( Mark 8:38)

Who is ashamed of Jesus? Not many people, not even non-believers are ashamed of Jesus!

Its his words that bring people grief. So rather than dumb down or water down the message, I prefer to follow scripture and warn, even children, of the reality of Hell.

So if you prefer not to pass on words of life during this Halloween season, then so be it, but please don't discourage others from the idea that it is a great time to evagelize the lost.

4. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have been putting tracts is our candy bags for years. We see it as one more way to get God's Word into the hands of people. We don't use tracts that are intended to scare them, just present them with the truth of the Bible on a children's level.

But, as long as you brought up Halloween, what bothers me is how many "Christian" people encourage their children to dress up and "pretend" to be something evil, somthing God's Word speaks out against. I'm all for having fun, but I think there a limit as to what is acceptable for a Christian. Call me old-fashioned. Call me a stick-in-the-mud or a wet blanket. I don't care. I just know that the Bible says that we should avoid even the appearance of evil (1 Thess 5:22).

Let the bashing begin!

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I always feel I have a platform to speak on Halloween since it is not only my birthday, but also my son's birthday!! :smilewinkgrin: When I was an astrologer, it served me well. Now as a Christian with the type of ministry I have (dealing with the occult and New Age), it is again a bonus. So I guess the Lord knew what He was doing having me born on Halloween!

I agree SBCPreacher that Christians should not dress their kids up on Halloween in costumes that represent evil such as witches, demons, ghosts, etc.

I also think that believers who are uncomfortable with it should not try to make other believers agree with them, and vice-versa. I have an article on Halloween:
    http://cana.userworld.com/cana_halloween.html

I think putting tracts in candy bags is one way to use Halloween for good.

6. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Um, the salvation of Jesus Christ is "some religion"?

Please, please don't turn this fellowship thread into a debate. You are entirely welcome to attack witnessing for Christ on Halloween on a debate thread elsewhere.

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hell is mentioned in the Bible. Is that wrong?

You are assuming one thing which is not true. You are assuming that kids get good quality religious training at home. Most parents are not teaching their kids to share their faith and even less show their kids how to make disciples. Very few parents read their Bible in the home.

A friend of mine who has been working with college students for the past 30 years came to Christ through a tract on hell when he young.

8. DaveKJV1611

DaveKJV1611 New Member