1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ghosts

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by soninme, Oct 9, 2007.

1. soninme

soninme New Member

hi there , i am very troubled by somethingafriend told me , his sister died a few years ago , and recently he was taking a family picture of his other 3 sisters and mother who like him are all christian , when the picture was developed you can clearly see his mum and 3 sisters , but you can also see his sister who is dead , she is standing behind them with her arm around her mother . i know what the bible says about this sort of thing , but this guys pastor is saying that this is a sign from god , and he has involved the local media , this troubles me greatly , i was just wondering what your views on this are , all views would be much appreciated . :godisgood:

2. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

I dunno. But I would like to see the pic.

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

I certainly know little about ghosts, but I do know that the enemy of our soul's is a deceiver. and certainly has the abilities to deceive.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same here. I smell something fishy.

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1. No such thing as ghosts!

2. Not a good sign to think you are seeing one -- because it is a "fake" of some sort. (But might not be a human fake).

in Christ,

Bob

6. soninme

soninme New Member

i never said i believe it , i am against it , i am just looking for some advice , thanks for replying .:jesus:

7. standingfirminChrist

If there were no such things as ghosts, the Disciples would not have thought they saw one when Jesus walked on the water.

Ghosts are real, my friend.

As to this picture, I do not believe it is the sister, but a deceiver. Why? Abraham told the rich man in hell people would not believe if one rose from the dead. He was right.

Christ rose from the dead and most people still don't believe it.

As to the ghosts, I do not believe they are disembodied spirits of our loved ones. I believe they are those that Paul refers to as 'the rulers of the darkness of this world.'

8. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

IMO, it is either a demon in disguise or someone messed with the picture.

Once you're dead...you're dead. You can't have your picture taken anymore...

9. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

My grandfather passed away in ’88 unexpectedly, went to bed one night and was dead in 5 minutes. His youngest son (my uncle) and his wife were expecting their second child. Their fist son was only 4-years old when my grandfather died and did not attend the funeral.

A month later my uncle’s baby was born and the first night the baby spent at home, their 4 year-old told them the next morning that as he was going to the bathroom that morning, he saw ‘granddaddy’ standing by the crib.

I’ve never witnessed any ‘ghosts’ or experienced any ‘super-natural’ feelings, but my wife as a kid lived in a house that she, to this day, testifies that demonic forces occupied the house.
    -

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Pray for them. This is the strong almost overpowering deception that if possible would "deceive the very elect".

Bottom line is "seeing is believing" and the draw to be reunited with a loved one who has died is very strong.

There is almost "no argument" that will gainsay such "experiences". They need prayer but then you need a Bible basis for "Showing them" that God insists that they are not actually seeing their actual loved one.

In 2Cor 5 Paul defines death as the "undesired" state -- the "naked state" of the soul having NO body at all and as Christ points out in Matt 22 "God is not the God of the dead" in the sense that "The dead do not praise Thee as we do today".

in Christ,

Bob

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My wife's family were involved as spiritist mediums before becoming Christian. They had many such stories about seeing departed loved ones floating about and speaking -- and easily seen. They appealed to God to rescue them and were saved.

"You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free" John 8.

For once they learned what the Bible says about the real state of the departed -- they instantly realized that they were being fooled by Satanic agencies.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's nice to be able to agree on an entire post :thumbs:

13. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I do not believe that this is a valid argument. I can think that I saw a pink unicorn in the forest. Does this mean that pink unicorns factually exist? Of course not, it only means that I believe they exist.

I see no reason at all to believe in ghosts in the sense that the term is normally used. I think the Scriptures teach that the dead "sleep" in their graves until called forth at a time in the future.

14. standingfirminChrist

If they are asleep in their graves, they can't be walking about the earth haunting houses.

What the Disciples saw, they believed to be a spirit, a ghost. It was not normal for a person to walk on water. They saw a visible being, and thought it was a ghost.

15. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

I still want to see the pic.

16. soninme

soninme New Member

hi bro.williams , i dont have the picture or a copy of it , but i will ask the person who does , and upload it for you if he gives me a copy of it .:thumbs:

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is very true -

They thought the Messiah's mission was to pound on the Romans.

They thought ghosts were real

They thought the gentiles were second-class humans.

But then they became Apostles and evangelized the world with the right doctrines instead.

in Christ,

Bob

18. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

that would be great.