1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giants the Best?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Ps104_33, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I've got a friend who does not care for sports but likes math. He said why not play 6 games in your conference and then the top 64 teams play a one and out untill we get to the winner. Then by being a CPA he said, I see why, money!

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I don't know about that, but one time I took a trip to Georgia and they figured I lowered the average IQ of both states. But strangely, there was a three hour span in between where the IQ of Tennessee unexplainedly jumped. :confused:

Ed

3. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I hear you, now that is bad for Tennessee!:tonofbricks:

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

That's because people wised up when, upon seeing your Kentucky license plates, got off of the sidewalks so as to keep you from hitting them with your Kentucky driving skills :thumbs:

A Kentucky HS senior walked into the kitchen, frustrated at his grammar homework. He complained "Dad, why do I have to learn this stuff?" The dad said "Because, son, if you don't learn this, you won't be able to understand your 5th grade cousins from Tennessee at the family reunion" :thumbs:

I kid, Ed. Look on the bright side. You could go to Alabama and triple the cumulative IQ of the entire state just by reciting the alphabet :laugh:

5. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now, TomVols, watch out...what if someone from Alabama reads this?

Oh...wait...

Carry on then!:saint:

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

If you don't like my driving, stay off the sidewalk! ;)

Ed

P.S. Completely off the topic, but there was a recent state rating of some sort (and although I read it then, don't remember exactly what it was) that ranked Mid-Continent Baptist University as one of the top two institutions in the state for academics and KY Christian College as one of the top four.

#26 EdSutton, Feb 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2008
  7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

:laugh:

Ed: my alma mater, Clear Creek, had to be on that list too ;) Seriously, Mid Cont has earned a good reputation recently. Kudos!

8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Not sure, from memory, where exactly any others ranked, but Centre College was one of the top four, as well. I would rank Clear Creek highly, certainly, as a Bible College, but that is my personal idea, not an official one.

Ed

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Now, getting back to the subject of the OP, I have no problem saying the Giants are the best in the NFL right now. They are Super Bowl champs, and this is the measuring stick used in grading teams. The Patriots went 18-1, but the BIG 1 was the SB loss. The Giants finished 14-6, including playoffs. That's not a bad record, either. The Patriots weren't as good as advertised, either. They narrowly escaped two teams, Baltimore(4-12) on an "iffy" call in the endzone(kinda looked like Gaffney was juggling the ball) in the last minute of the game. The Eagles (7-9 or 6-10?) gave them all they could handle with their BACKUP QB(Feely). He threw an INT late in the game to seal it for New England. But, they would have finished 14-2 even if they lost these games...but they still aren't as good as most think/thougt they were.

Willis

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Hey, rekon dont make me no never mine, long as we kin hav a rekrutin klass like dis yer we dont hafta spel or no de ACDs.

#30 NaasPreacher (C4K), Feb 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2008
  11. TomVols

TomVols New Member

True. Bama did have a good recruiting class. Wide is the way that leads to destruction, and many take it, Scripture says :smilewinkgrin:

12. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I resemble these remarks!

Ed

13. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Definitely the Giants proved they were the best through the NFC playoffs, and when it ultimately counted in the Super Bowl, last week.

Ed

14. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Incidentally, regardless of how good a team appears, most teams are usually merely a couple of tipped balls away from having two more wins or two more losses. The Giants were only a tipped ball or two away from not even making the playoffs, yet they won it all. And they were only a dropped interception by the Pats, from not winning it all, as well.

But only the final score counts.

And in the words of the immortal Yogi Berra, "It ain't over until it's over!"

It's over!

Giants 17 - Patriots 14!

End of story.

Ed

#34 EdSutton, Feb 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2008