1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gingrich: Love Him, or Not...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Borneol

Borneol New Member

It is interesting that a candidate is able to go after the press often these days and become more popular for it. I don't know much about political campaign history, but this seems to be an election first, or at least a first from what i can recall.

The left wing media helped an unknown and untested Obama become President.

Now, with long time attacks on conservatives, they are helping a GOP candidate become more popular. Like Bernie Goldberg's article on that.

"Gingrich Wins SC … Media Help Big Time"

http://www.bernardgoldberg.com/gingrich-wins-sc-media-helps-big-time/

excerpt from the article:

...Whatever else these results tell us, one thing is clear: social conservative Christians may find open marriage repugnant, but not as repugnant as they find the so-called mainstream news media.

The news media should take notice, but if history is any indication, they won’t. They’ll write the CNN debate episode off as just one more example of those nutty right-wingers bashing the liberal media – which they deny are liberal. They continue to fiddle while their institution burns....

2. mandym

mandym New Member

Unless his name was on a racist paper.

3. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Yeah, that equates... :tonofbricks: A man who allows someone else to write a newspaper under his name, missing a few sentences in 9 editions out of hundreds, in a couple of year time span out of 20 years, that are not even racist (they are racially insensitive, not "racist" ..huge difference) and then decrying them as soon as he finds out, is morally equivalent, in your book, to cheating on your wives, and leaving them when they get sick?

Yeah...thats a stretch.

4. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

And it really does not matter who gets the nomination, because Obama is going to shallack him.

#25 saturneptune, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
  6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe You Should Have Read the Following Post...

...from 1/18/12 - "Do you believe it is godly or Christian to misrepresent what other posters post by rewording what they post based on your own personal view?"

I did not imply, or insinuate that the man's morals are right or wrong. I simply stated, "I've been waiting a long time for someone, anyone to tell the media where to put their ridiculous questions."

You are putting words in my mouth, or, maybe I should say, in my fingertips! However, you are a master at spinning, which is seen in many of your comments to other posts.

As for the differences between Newt and Bill. Bill was a sitting POTUS when he used the cover of office to have an illicit affair. Newt's $exual indiscretions were years ago (while in office, too), but he has admitted to them (Bill never has taken responsibility) and claims to have chosen to follow God and is no working at having a strong, long lasting marriage (which it seems to be).

People can start over, that is the basic principle of what Christ teaches, and we must be willing to give Newt the benefit of the doubt, not just the doubt!

However, to put things straight, my post was simply pointing out that it was great to (finally) hear someone, anyone, stand up to the inane questions of the media and let them have it both barrels.

7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Poor Example, FAL!

....he is not a "Chester, the child molester!" Poor example to give for one to compare. I know you can do better! :laugh:

Mandym has a great point and it should be considered by all who call themselves Christians.

8. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

God forgives us for sins, but we still pay the consequences for them in this life.

9. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great Question...

I have to ask this...did Jesus not tell the the convict/sinner on the cross next to Him that he'd be with Him in Glory today?

First of all Newt is not a murderer, nor a rapist, nor a child molester. If he is anything he is a common thief. He gained the love and trust of another, and then broke that persons heart by leaving them and breaking the vows of marriage. He stole from them their love, trust and faithfulness. He has not committed murder, rape or molestation.

And most importantly, he has admitted to his sin of adultery, and made ammends. WWJD?

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No Truere Words...

...hath a man spoken on this forum! It is a shame, but it is true. Look at David. He paid for his sins for the remainder of his life.

11. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Umm...cough...Apostle Paul...cough...cough...

12. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I hate to admit it, but Newt is growing on me.

13. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

The slanderous remarks, many names called from believers about other human beings on this forum are a fulfillment of 2 Timothy 3:3 and are a shame. Maybe they're the modern day Shimei.

- Peace

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

So are you saying we are to forgive some depending on their sin and not others? By the way what is a common thief? It sounds like a type that is less sinful then bank robber or rape or molestation. Is that the point? You brought up David and he is a good one to use. He was forgiven but not restored. He was forbidden from building the temple because of his sins. The same in the case of Newt. If saved he is forgiven, but that does not mean he is to be restored to public office, especially the highest in the land.

We all need forgiveness, but forgiveness does not have to mean restoration to positions in this life. An example is a woman or man can forgive their spouse for infidelity, but they still do not have to return to the marriage. The same with Newt. In my opinion he has thrown away his acceptability to the office of President. I would not want a Pastor who had been unfaithful to his wife even if she forgave and stayed with him and I do not want a President who has defiled himself in multiple adulterous affairs showing that he lacks moral standards and wisdom to make moral decisions.

15. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

I agree, but one could make the same argument of Mittens supporting the murder of so many unborn children fro so many years. So, those two are out. Looks like its Paul or Santorum.

16. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Matt,

When Newt turns to CHrist, I will believe it. Yet, turning to the Catholic church is not turning to CHrist. As well, Paul was also willing to die for his beliefs... I doubt Newt will.

17. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

He is an adulterer, a serial one. This is something that disqualifies you from church office and is listed by Paul as a character issue. He broke two wives heart. Sorry, a man who is not faithful to his wife, and is a serial adulterer has serious character issues and cannot be trusted.

As well, he never repented... He said he was sorry, but did so by turning to the Catholic Church.

Finally, a repentant man would not react how he did in the last debate. It was disgraceful.

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is an excellent post. I wish we agreed about Romney like we do about Gingrich.

19. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those are All Great Points...

....and it that is how you feel, than by all rights don't cast your vote for that kind of person.

No one, including me, would ever want you, or Ruiz to compromise your Christian values or beliefs. If Newt is that much or a reprobate by all means vote for Obama, or an independent, or sit at home on election day and withhold your vote as a matter of principal. That is what I would do... :wavey:

20. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It appears that some are willing to overlook any sin or personal flaw as long as they believe the candidate is a conservative. Perhaps they agree with Ablow. It seems to me that Ablow is saying the greater the sin the more it prepares a person to be president. I should not be amazed any longer ... but am at how far people will go to defend their morally bankrupt candidate.