1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gingrich Plans Massive Outreach

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Nov 22, 2006.

1. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Originally Posted by Terry_Herrington
    Why is it that his moral short-comings don't bother you like they do with the democrats like Bill Clinton?

Take a look here...

http://www.realchange.org/gingrich.htm#adultery

This guy makes Clinton look like a monk.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Gingrich is just another in the line of losers at the gate for 08.

3. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well if this is true, I'll be back looking elsewhere. But....

it's probably a bunch of junk with a little truth sprinkled in, typical left wing politics.

4. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

At least it won't be the KKK rhetoric you evidently believe in; you know thinking that Black are inherently lazy as you implied in some of your other postings.

5. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

I don't think he'll ever get in a position to be voted on, but if he did, no I would not vote for Newt Gingrich. Gingrich is just another politician who was full of promises on which he helped his party take control of Congress back in '94, and upon which they never delivered. I have little confidence that his nature has changed since then.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, the House Republicans did a very good job in doing what they promised:

"The ten items in the Contract were all acted upon in the first 100 days of the new Congress, which is what the signatories had pledged. Nine of the ten items in the Contract passed the House: Only the constitutional amendment on term limits (which required a two-thirds vote) was defeated. Out of a total of 302 roll call votes on issues related to the Contract With America, the conservatives prevailed on 299 of them. A balanced budget amendment passed in the House by a 300-123 margin but was subsequently defeated as it fell one vote short of the two-thirds needed for passage in the U.S. Senate. The overall margin by which the items in the Contract were passed averaged about 70 percent despite the fact that the Republicans only held a 12-seat margin over the Democrats (52-48 percent, the smallest House majority margin in 40 years). Given the notorious lack of party discipline in the American Congress, the passage by a large majority of nearly all of the items in the Contract was a remarkable achievement."

- http://tinyurl.com/yf4pgb

7. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Are you denying the destruction imposed by the welfare state? You can stick your head in the sand if you want, or revise history, but the facts remain.

And you can call me anything you want, it just doesn't matter.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Where is the welfare state? Is that by Idaho? J/K

What does this comment mean? I don't think anyone disagreed with you about welfare except you keep implying black people are it's primary members.

How do you differentiate welfare from beggers? You know the ones who make a living with a sign and a busy stop light. Do you think if they could get a check, they'd put the sign down and get in line?

This is really a depressing discussion and explains why the Lord put Liberal thinkers in this country.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You need to enroll in a local college and take an American history course. And if you are worried about the state you chose to live in being too liberal, you can jump across the border to Idaho.

10. Terry_Herrington

Thank you very much!

Too bad that people like hillclimber1 are willing to overlook anything their candidates do, but man they just can't get over someone like Bill Clinton.

Well, I will do all I can to see that there is another Clinton in the White House for these "Compassionate Conservatives" to attack!

11. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Actually the Republicans did deliver a lot of conservative legislation, but aside from that;
    Just who, that we can see for now, do you think I as a conservative, could support in '08'? If not Newt, I see no one. Guliani is a RINO, a strong advacate for abortion. McCain is not fully sane, and has a fetish for needing reporters to like him. The liberals had virtually destroyed Allen, (him I could still support 100%) does that leave Tancredo, or is someone else available? I realize it is still quite early.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The conservatives' best hope for 2008 is Mitt Romney. Otherwise, they will have to decide whether to support McCain or Guiliani, vote for a minor party or independent candidate, or not vote for president at all.

13. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

14. Terry_Herrington

Just look at your postings. You even said you could still support Allen, a known racist.

Is this just one racist backing another racist? Your postings seem to indicate this is true, although your mouth says differently. Which end of the dog am I to believe?

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Allen is not a racist. But he has been painted as one by liberals in the news media.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reading this thread reminds me of how afraid of Gingrich that liberals really are.:smilewinkgrin:

17. Terry_Herrington

Actually I really hope Gingrich runs. :thumbs:

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not Gingrich that the liberals are afraid of, it's the ideas that he push. The ideas that he pushed in 1994 resulted in a terrific beating for the liberals. If the GOP has the good sense to adopt the ideas that he is pushing, the the liberals will suffer another terrific beat down in 2008.

19. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Why would you, a self proclaimed Christian, want to support a candidate that stands for everything that is against Christianity? President Clinton did more harm to this nation than any modern President, and his spin team is still going full speed to prevent the whole truth from coming out. His single handed changing of the sexual morals in America alone are tragic. His halfhearted dealings in foriegn affairs has resulted and will result in great harm. Read, "The Year of the Rat" It is scrupulously documented, and shows the true man.

And why attack compassionate conservatives?

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You got it.:thumbs: