1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ginsburg plans to stay on court for 'a while'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has not changed her tune on retirement in the past year, saying Wednesday she plans to stay for “a while.”

"My answer is, I will do this job as long as I can do it full steam," she told Yahoo News. "When I feel myself slipping. When I can no longer think as sharply, write as quickly, that will be the time for me to leave the court."

Some liberals have urged her to retire so President Obama could nominate a successor while Democrats control the Senate.
    When asked if the politics of naming a successor should factor into her decision, she said, "All I can say, I am still here and likely to remain for a while."

She said she models her tenure after former Justice Louis Brandeis, who was appointed at 60 and stayed until he was 83.

"I expect to stay at least that long," Ginsburg, 81, said. She would be 83 in March 2016.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...in-on-supreme-court-for-a-while#ixzz398XGHXjy
    Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook