1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Give Jesus a 60-day trial..

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jarthur001, Dec 10, 2008.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So I'm lumped into the "world" now with Rick Warren...yet I'm the one without the self control.

rbell supplied the lies and slander...twice. You never addressed it. Did you know RW reverse tithes? He keeps 10% and gives back 90%. Oh, and he has paid back Saddleback for all of the salary he has ever received, and does not take a salary to this day. Only after the cash, eh? Lies and slander...

#81 webdog, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2008
  2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As you know,I object to Rick Warren's theology -- the things he actually says.But to accuse him of the things MB has is beyond the pale.Why make up stuff?Here MB is clearly in the wrong.

3. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am not a big Rick Warren fan, but I have to admit that he does say Jesus is the only way in public. I have yet to hear him say that there are other ways to go to heaven. He does tend to preach feel good gospel but he does preach and Jesus and quote scripture. It seems as tho too many in here want to condemn if "Hellfire and Brimstone" is not preached at every sermon.

These unfounded attacks on a brother in here is what is the real shame. Many churches today are stagnate because "that is the way we have always done it" attitude.

Be proud of his Ministry, pray for his shortcomings, maybe in some cases he is not the one thinking short.

BTW, many a Christian found salvation when they called out to God just to get them thru a moment of need.

P.S. I still love all of ya, but not near as much as Jesus does.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

and from MB, in response...

*crickets*

5. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Rick Warren's The Purpose of Christmas is theologically sound.