1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Give me grace for my church leadership

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Aug 6, 2015.

1. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What you missed was everything that came after my name. You have a rigid matrix of those you consider worthy of speaking to the issues you raise. I am not a Calvinist. You know that from previous conversations we've had. You stop before you read and try to reflect on what is being said.

I have a fair amount of education, background and experience to offer an answer to many of your questions. The fact that I am not a Calvinist with a fair amount of education, background and experience makes me persona non grata in your conversations.

Not surprisingly that is how you approach the church and pastor where you attend. They are not Calvinistic and you shut out anything else they have to say. That's not a doctrinal issue. That is a heart issue. You have selected a variety if isms as planks in your platform of doctrinal beliefs. That, in itself, is sound. Where it falls apart is what appears to be your belief that anyone differing in even one plank is somehow inferior in belief and practice.

You have already told me you would never sit under my teaching. That would work out for the best for both of us. It would save you the anxiety of listening to my unCalvinism. It would save me from having to run you off before you leavened the whole lump; as it were.

Your pastor has to account to God for the things he teaches. If he is teaching heresy you need to gather up the Missus and flee! I suspect he is not doing that. Have you prayed for him? Have you done so consistently, sincerely and with earnest?

Pastors need Aaron and Hur to come along side. Alexanders are a dime a dozen. You get to choose what one you want to be. If you choose to be an Alexander you -and the church - will be better served by you staying home on Sunday mornings.

#41 padredurand, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2015
  2. Servent

Servent Member

Alcohol dulls the senses, he does not need to be dulled anymore. none of us do for that matter.

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hypocrite alert.

Aren't you the fella' calling another believer a "jerk" and that their posts are "garbage" evan?

4. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought you were on Ignore. It is a shame the OP won't be able to see this.

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL! Evan can't ignore me when I am quoted by others. He has been effectually stymied.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Wait - when someone quotes you, he can see it? ;)

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hence the futility of the ignore function.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I guess so. :thumbs:

9. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Evan, strengthen your marriage. Love your wife.

I'm fortunate to have a great wife! When I had cancer, she took care of me, our son, our finances, the house, the dog, the bills, my meds, the laundry, the chores and COMPLAINED NOT ONCE. I thank God for her every day.

This is not a guilt trip. But I really want you to consider how lucky you really are to have a life partner. So what, she's not a Calvinist? my wife has no clue what that even means and I couldn't care less!

Stop complaining! You could be divorced, broken, strapped, penniless and living in some third world country dying of SARS. Compare your problems to a starving kid in Africa who was born with AIDS and has flies crawling on his eyeballs..... then thank GOD you have it as good as you do.

FINALLY...if we didn't care, we would say nothing.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

10. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am praying that you will find the grace you are seeking.

11. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

No offense intended, Martin, but you do realize what "grace" Evan is asking for, right?

He wants God to grant grace to change the church he attends, even though he is the only one who finds fault with what they are doing. So instead of exercising what should be his God-given spiritual leadership in his family, he's trying to force change on everyone else in his church, simply because he thinks his theology trumps the stated theology of the church.

12. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That may be so, Tony, but it isn't the title of the thread. He says , "Give ME grace for my church leadership." I'm prepared to take him at his word and pray that God will give him undeserved favour so that he will accept the leadership of his church and do his best to work with them.

13. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I don't understand is why he doesn't find a church that lines up with his beliefs and start attending there instead of complaining about his current church on an internet forum. :confused:

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Because his wife won't leave her current church.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So then, go to seperate churches. Case resolved.