1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

glasgow rangers

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by soninme, Oct 24, 2007.

1. soninme

soninme New Member

For anyone who doesnt know who Glasgow Rangers are , they are the top football (soccer) team in scotland , every year in europe all the top sides play in a tournament called the champions league , this tournament consists of 8 groups of 4 teams , who play eachother in a home and away basis , this year rangers were drawn against , lyon ( the french champions ) stuttgart ( the german champions ) and barcelona (spanish champions ) rangers were expected not to get any points from this group because they were classed the weakest side , teams get 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw , so far barcelona have 7 points , stuttgart 0 points , lyon 3 points , and wow Glasgow rangers 7 points , things are looking real good , who said we were the weakest side :thumbs: :applause: :applause: :applause:

2. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Im not a soccer fan (communist sport :) ) But congrats to your boys!

3. soninme

soninme New Member

where did you get communist sport from , its a real mans game . :applause:

communist sport , lol , hahahaha, nice one jimmy :thumbs:

4. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Soninme - anytime you have a sport that takes 90 min to play, often ends in a nil nil tie, and everyone walks off happy (or destroys a few cars and stands on the way out), and SINGS through the entire game has got to be communist!!

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

6. soninme

soninme New Member

up the celts ...........

hmmmmm.............. up the celts .......... saturdays result was ............... 3-0 to the famous glasgow rangers , or did that slip your mind bro , lol , hahahahaha, and they play benfica tonight , best of luck my friend , yous will need it , hahahahaha. kidding aside , i hope they do well , its good for scottish football . :thumbs:

7. soninme

soninme New Member

hmmm........ i have seen very few 0-0 ties this season , and if you were a football supporter you would understand that singing is part of the enjoyment of the occassion , and the thugs who destroy things before , during and after certain games , are few and far between , as most of the clubs if not all have great policing and security staff employed , before , during and after the game . :thumbs:

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Its about time Rangers had a positive result - which side has one 3 of the last 4 SPL titles?

9. soninme

soninme New Member

short memories come to mind my brother , but if you want to bring up the past ................. well let me see ,..................hmmmmmmmmmmm.........nah it would take to long to list the silverware we have won , hahahahaha:thumbs:

10. soninme

soninme New Member

oh well ck4 , theres always next year , looks like yous will be heading out the champions league , leaving rangers to fly the flag , beaten by a poor benfica side , incase you dont know the score bro it was 1-0 to benfica , :thumbs:

11. soninme

soninme New Member

are there any other rangers fans out there , or is it all celtic fans , who seem to have went very quiet , lol , .......hahahahaha . :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Sorry my friend, my Celtic support, like the rest of my sports club support, is not high on my priority list :).

13. soninme

soninme New Member

ck i was just having a laugh brother , no offence meant my friend , and as like you they aint high on my priority list .:thumbs:

14. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Up the Gers!! What a win against Celtic at Ibrox last weekend, and we're stormin' in Europe with a great game against Barca - pity we didn't sink them! All the teams I support play in blue. In the English Premier League I support Chelsea, in SPL Rangers and in Irish League Linfield. That way I only have to buy one scarf... must be the Scotsman in me;)

15. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

16. soninme

soninme New Member

jimmy , get your facts right my friend , rangers wear blue , not red , aint any communists here brother , hahahahahaha , where you stalling for time jimmy or was it stalin ........???? , a closet communist in our midst .....????

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Thats okay. I heard recently (second hand so subject to correction) of a preacher who said that soccer was a part of the movement to one world government because it is the one sport the whole world plays and that now even the Americans are playing it.

I am sure it was made in jest.

18. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

That's why I've gven up football, and started to watch Liverpool! :laugh:

BTW I think heard the same preacher. I know he said that tongue in cheek, I think his point was that man's obsession with sport and recreation is a character of end time godlessness. At times my heart has been grieved by the idolatry that surounds sports including football.

#18 Ulsterman, Oct 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2007
  19. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

20. soninme

soninme New Member

hmmmmmm......... i was wondering what the "C" in jimmyc stood for , surely not ..... "Sports update" rangers hammered 2-1 by the tangerine machine (dundee united) hopefully just a minor slipup .:BangHead: