1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Glenn Beck, Paige Patterson to speak at Liberty University commencement

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Username

Username New Member

The sun shines on the just and the unjust...

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==As an alumnus of LU, I sent an email to several people at at the school included Jonathan Falwell and Jerry Falwell Jr. My concern was LU allowing a cultist to speak at graduation. Both men replied to my email in a very polite and understanding manner. Jerry Falwell Jr. told me much the same thing that is stated below:

==I understand his point but, as I pointed out in my email to him, I don't agree with it.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==For me, and I can only speak for myself, I don't personally have anything against Beck. My problem with him is that he is a cultist (Mormon). If he were just an unbeliever that would be bad enough but that is the situation of most people. However for him to be a cultist, well that is just going too far. His political positions are secondary to that point in my mind.

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Personally I believe that Jerry Falwell would have been perfectly comfortable with this. After all, he started the policy that his sons are just continuing. I had great admiration for Jerry Falwell, but on this I disagreed with him strongly.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I did not post any of those quotes in post #22.