1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Glenn Beck taking trailer loads of food, water, soccer balls to border

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Jul 10, 2014.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

You liberals love to yammer and harp on us because "you don't want to do anything to help," but you also do nothing -- other than, of course, yammering and harping.

Well, get off your collective butts and report to McAllen next week. Glenn Beck's got some work for you to do.

Now, having said that and wishing to be fair, many conservatives are just as bad. Beck was vilified for his predictions that al-Qaeda in Iraq and other terrorist organizations wanted to form a caliphate in the Mideast. Now that ISIS has done just that and wants more, few are apologizing or admitting Beck was right.

He's been saying on his radio program the last few weeks that the Border Kids are victims and need compassion. Now it's his supporters who are vilifying him as having "betrayed the Republic. Beck responds in The Blaze article:
    My wife and I are sending money to Mercury One, Beck's charitable organization. If we could go to McAllen next week, we would, but supporting the effort financially is the next best thing. I would urge us as Christians to have compassion, to love others as Jesus commanded. That doesn't mean loosening the nation's immigration policies or approving of what Obama is doing to this country by fomenting this crisis. That doesn't mean we don't help his other innocent victims, the Border Kids. Beck recently urged us all to abandon politics. I'm beginning to see what he means, and it sounds like a good idea to me.

#1 thisnumbersdisconnected, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014