1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Glorification is what’s limited, not atonement.

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Barry Johnson, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Barry Johnson

Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok
    You were still lost and heading for hell when Jesus said ' it is finish ' . Your essentially denying the resurrection as that is what saves not only his death . Jesus Death made your salvation possible it did not secure it .

2. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
    14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
    15And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
    when did he nail it to the cross ? 2000 years ago is the answer , not when you believed . Sin is not the barrier anymore , Jesus has dealt with that issue . But we are not saved by Jesus blotting out those things that were against us , anymore than paying for a broken window repairs the glass. Everyone is still in the ' and falls short of the Glory of God ' category . No one can be in heaven without being glorified. To access this salvation is through Faith . simple .

3. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Limited atonement = God gets all the glory. Universal atonement = you rob him of his glory in salvation and give it to yourself..thinking you saved yourself.

4. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    What you need to ask yourself is ,how does salvation work ? And what are the components of salvation . What Jesus did and how does it apply . Were Justified by His blood ,but we were not justified when he Bled . He nailed all sinners sins to the cross but its of no use to the man who does not recieve the atonement. When do we recieve the atonement when Jesus atoned ? no , that's why we have to recieve it .How do we recieve? by believing the Gospel . You and Calvernists are under the illusion that Jesus death saves . Or that salvation is secured on the cross .

5. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you explain how I believe I saved my self ? Did I die on a cross , was I buried and did I rise again ? Did I regenerate myself ? Did I baptise myself into the body of Christ ? Did I seal myself ? did I predestinate myself to future Adoption ? Do I need to persevere to the end to be saved ? no . Do I need to look to my works to know im saved ? Am I etrernally secure and it has nothing to do with my works. yes

#25 Barry Johnson, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  6. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    defending Gods Glory should be subject to what God said he has done and purposed . Philosophical topics about Glory , sovereignty, free will ect should come second to the authority of the Scriptures.

7. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know what you mean by "Arminians", but one thing's for sure, our Calvinist brethren are very humble, as they often point out.

8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    You rob him of his glory in salvation and credit yourself. Bad fix you are in.

9. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you trust in free will? If so you reject Christ as savior.

10. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I freely trusted in Jesus .

11. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    You "Choose" to be your own savior thereby.

12. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope we only recieve after ..thats why the verse says NOW we have recieved the atonement.

13. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    You might need to figure out how salvation works, because that makes no sense . Jesus chose to be the saviour ..of the whole world .

14. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why isn't everyone saved?

15. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because not everyone recieves Jesus .

16. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    See when you ask a question like that it seems to imply you dont know what saves or how were are saved .

17. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    = they need to receive him to save themselves = works, not grace. Grace = they receive him because he first received them.

18. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's because I'm proving you do not know what grace or salvation is.

19. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 1:12

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

20. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    “But as many as received him (passively, like a pat on the back), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.” John 1:12–13 (NCPB)