1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Glorified Body and the Holy Spirit

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jon-Marc, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I was thinking recently (I do that sometimes:laugh: ) and wondered if we will still be indwelt by the Holy Spirit after we receive our new glorified body and are in heaven. We need Him here on earth because we can't live the way God wants by our own strength, or at least I can't. However, will we need His indwelling in heaven once we have our glorified body and sin is eradicated?:godisgood:

2. Brandon C. Jones

Brandon C. Jones New Member

Personally, I think the relationship will between us and the Spirit will be stronger (like the Spirit as a formal cause) after the resurrection-I think this is part of the glorification process. That is how I understand Paul's use of pneumatikos (spiritual) body in 1 Cor 15. For more, I recommend N.T. Wright's discussion of it in his "the resurrection of the son of god." Incidentally, I also think we will receive our new body on earth not heaven after it is refined.

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I'm not sure I would agree that we receive our new body "on" earth, but that it will probably be in transit from earth to heaven, but that's all speculation--although I like to speculate. Anyway, however and whenever it happens I'm looking forward to that new body. NO more sin nature, NO more sinful desires, NO more pain, sickness or suffering!:godisgood:

4. russell55

russell55 New Member

I agree with this. The glorified life is life fully and completely energized by the Spirit. There are no leftover influences of sin or sinfulness working aginst the indwelling Spirit.