1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GM Should Opt for Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Apr 3, 2009.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

FM and FM are quasi government institutions so the Gov had the right and obligation to fire these incompetent crooks. Do you have any proof that the Bush Administration fired the AIG CEO?

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Plus the fact that both companies were placed under complete government conservatorship.

Such was not and is not the case with GM.

Obama's "suggestion" that Wagoner step down was a threat and, as such, an abuse of power of the office of President.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122156561931242905.html

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You got it, the government totally took the over and hand picked the new CEO's. That would be the previous administration.

Right again, Obama didn't take over GM just asked the CEO to step down just like the previous administration did at AIG.

But the precedent came from the previous administration who did the same at the three companies I mentioned. I'm not saying what Obama did was right, just that he wasn't the first to do it.

I consider GM a little different, they were lent money under the conditions they would come back with a plan to be profitable. They didn't have a plan when they returned. Sounds like new leadership was needed and since the board of directors didn't appear to be doing their job I guess someone had to do it.

I still say the board of directors should be paid with stocks. Maybe it would encourage them to do something once in a while.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your willful ignorance will not allow you to see the difference.

So be it.

6. OldRegular

A big Thumbs Up!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

LOL... Thanks for admitting your boat don't float.

The only difference is the Republican's did the 3 previous companies and a Democrat named Obama did GM. Now the way I see it, the Democrats have two more companies to take over before they match what the Republican's did. Other than party, all of these are examples of government intervening in private industry. Take off your conservative shaded glasses and look at it for what it is...

8. OldRegular

Take off your pinko glasses!

9. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

The government needs to stop all foreign imports, globalization has destroyed our economy.

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

You competely ignored my point. Of course, when your argument is anorexic, that is standard fare.

I'll say it again:

Translation: because former President Bush did some stupid, anti-capitalist things, that allows the One Who Can Never Do Wrong to do the same, carte blanche.

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

They are rose colored... Real Men don't wear PINK! :laugh:

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I fully understood your point and thought I sufficiently responded.

Let me say it this way, then all this anger about government taking over private businesses should be directed at government as a whole and not specifically at Obama. Do you agree?

It appears to be a practice of our government and not just the Obama administration. Now one thing I can say for Obama, at least they went before congress and tried to get it made legal. In my view, that is admitting they know what they did was wrong.

13. OldRegular

Apparently you are too young to understand. I said pinko not pink.

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Naw, not too young... Just went over my head... You meant as in commie...

Haven't heard that expression since Frank Burns used it on MASH.

15. OldRegular

Back to the OP:

GM has two choices:

1. To continue to bow to O'bama rex and produce so-called green cars which no one will buy. If they continue to take taxpayer money this is their fate.

2, To opt for bankruptcy, getting O'bama rex off their back and continue to make cars that Americans will buy. This should be the preferred option.

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

If by "responding," you mean, "excused his behavior based on what was done before," then I guess you did. But if the buck truly does stop with Mr. Obama, then he shouldn't hide behind stupid policies someone else did. He should "man up" and do what is right. I'm not holding my breath, since apparently the government takeover of business is "right" to him.

If you will recall, I said repeatedly that that crook Paulson (Bush's idiot who destroyed our economy) should be put under the jail. And Bush was a dummy for putting someone like that in charge.

Last I checked, Fascism wasn't legal. But I'm sure it will be soon. People seem to like it.

Morons.

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Agreed.....