1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Go Ahead. We Know You Do It.

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Rippon, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is for KJVO's and for those who prefer the KJV. I know the pressure is on, especially for the former group to not allow any weaknesses in the KJV to be acknowledged. But haven't you had the following happen? You're reading some passages that you just didn't have a clue what was being said? You kind of scratched your head and said to yourself:"What in the world does this mean?" Then-- with furtive glances you make sure no one is spying on you. Next, you take out one of your secret MV's and look that bothersome passage up to find out what that puzzling text really means. After some plain reading in the NKJ,NASB,NIV,HCSB or NLTse you exclaim:"O, now I've got it. That wasn't so hard.That old English really does me in sometimes.I'm glad to have some MV's to clear up things like this once in a while.But I'm sure not gonna' tell any MV'ers this secret."
    C'mon, fess up.

2. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Now that is funny! When I was in high school I read through the KJV-NIV parallel to make it easier to know what the older English meant. That process is when I noticed so many differences between the two versions of the New Testament and really what got me so interested in New Testament textual criticism.

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

This is the lowest form of baiting I have ever seen. [​IMG]And no I have never had to do such.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Well, not the lowest, but I do agree that it is baiting and is not going to accomplish anything.

Strict KJVOers either would not do it (or tell) and KJVPs have no problem admitting it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.