1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Go Ron Paul!!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by kyredneck, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    None of the candidates are PRO-WAR

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With Iran as the litmus test? You're kidding.

3. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Christ there is no compromise.

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

:thumbs: :applause: :thumbsup:

The problem is in the US people mix up "patriotism," "freedom", "Old Glory" the "U S of A" "God and Country" with Christianity or akin to being "born-again."

5. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right up front Iḿ going to admit that in recent years I have registered to vote in the Republican Primaries but if you call me a Republican... you do err. I am, first, foremost and last an American. Politically I am a swing voter, so called because I vote for the closest to supporting the Biblical outlook. I have and may in the future, voted for men from both parties.

When Mr., please note Mr. and not President, Obama first entered the race I was busy lobbying votes for him. Then, as I researched his statements and writings, I woke up and changed course and voted for the only man on the ballot that year that had the United States interests at heart.

Latter, in response to many nay sayers he posted a document, claiming it to be his Hawaiian Birth Certificate. Immediately an article by a respected Digital Photo Technician appeared on the web, claiming it to be a composite document. I, immediately downloaded the presentation from itś original posting and, being a Photo Repair and Restoration Expert myself, took the document apart. It is a composite document so poorly done that my granddaughter can do a better job. He´s not even an American, let alone the President.

I did not only not vote for him... I, being a follower of Jesus, the Christ of God, cannot, vote for such a criminal. Nor can any person seeking to follow God.

6. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I´m from the same area as Ron Paul and his long term record does not lie... He is a snake in the grass.

7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whoa!...how about you enlightening us all with some specificics to justify this slander of him? (You "being a follower of Jesus, the Christ of God" and all.) He is a 12 term congressman, you know. Evidently not everyone shares your viscious, mean spirited opinion of him.

#67 kyredneck, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
  8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I am not a Ron Paul supporter, at least not yet, but how is he a snake in the grass? What is he hiding? Please share this information so we all can make a better choice at the polls.

#68 freeatlast, Nov 26, 2011
  9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Bill that is quite an accusation. I hope you have passed your information onto all the press outlets you know of with evidence.

10. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Where do you live? I have lived in his district for many, many years, most of which I was just down the road from him in Lake Jackson.

His long term record is 100 percent consistent. Those in the area, who know him best, LOVE him, which is why he gets re-elected every single time, by a landslide.

I have several friends and family that were actually delivered by Ron Paul. Back in those days, he was the only OBGYN in town. To show how consistent he is with his views, he used to refuse to take medicaid/medicare insurance, but he would still take the patient for free, and treat them exactly the same as his other patients.

There is little doubt in my mind, and the mind of those in his district, that Mr. Paul is one of the, if not THE most honorable man in Congress.

11. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Then I am assuming you would not vote for a Presbyterian, since their views on baptism are unbiblical?

12. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're the one that's going to look like a snake in the grass if you don't step forward and justify the railing and the slander you've just done.

#72 kyredneck, Nov 26, 2011
  13. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ron, for years ran as a Libertarian, promoted and still promotes the legalization of all hard drugs, as he noted in the last debate, himself. As he stated he is anti-military which is a no defense, for any reason, stance.

Now, I know you are from moonshine country and I know you folks are rough as an old corn cob but I slandered no one, just the facts, and the tone of your post is inviting an altercation that I will not satisfy. Normally, and often, I ignore this type of slanderous post. How about forgetting the atmosphere and just converse?

14. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you assume too much!

15. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

He is for returning the drug issue to the states. He is not anti-military and for a strong defense, he is against having troops all over the world. For the record, he receives more money from our military soldiers than any other candidates. He wants our troops to stop occupying other countries and against attacking people without a declaration of war. However, he voted for the authorization to go into Afghanistan.

16. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Invitation to fight ignored.

17. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sir,
    I have five combat chevrons on my uniform and they are all from close combat support, meaning I was one of those lame brains the infantry loved so much they adopted us. I have had a three month old die in my arms, had women try to kill me with rifles, knives and Thompson Machine-guns.

You do not ever want that on our soil and without troops over-seas, just as 9-11 has shone, that is exactly what will be.

18. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

This is an outright lie and can't be supported by any factual evidence. Provide evidence that Ron Paul is "no defense, for any reason, stance" or recant.

19. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Oh, 9-11 showed us troops on the ground in America? Maybe in your alternate reality, but not in the real world.

20. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

If we didn't have troops oversees, we may never have been attacked.