1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Goats

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Don, May 27, 2014.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, spent the evening taking momma goat to the vet. She spent about 28 hours in labor. After the vet put on a glove and stuck his arm in up to the elbow, turns out one of the kids was backwards and blocking the birth. Vet started pulling kids out, and to my surprise, we ended up with three kids. I was expecting one or two; triplets was totally unexpected.

Momma was too worn out to treat them proper, and she didn't get the immediate bonding she should have because it started raining. We had to transport the kids inside the vehicle.

So momma goat's still trying to recover; I'm a little pessimistic, and I won't be surprised if she doesn't make it through the night. Two of the kids have taken to the bottle and are eating fine; but we're having to force-feed the runt.

We'll see how things look in the morning.

Perhaps this shouldn't be up in this section, but I wanted to get this out before I pass out and have to get back up in a couple of hours to check on them. Thing is, I don't particularly like goats. But like puppies and kittens, even kids are cute.

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Don't think odd of me, but I'll be praying for your momma goat. She's one of His creation, too. I have prayed MANY times for our baby, our chinese pug, Lexie. She's six and cute and fat as ever.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well...as I feared, momma goat didn't make it. Bottle feeding three baby goats now. Putting them up on Craigslist; between my job and my wife being out of town for church-related activities, we can't take care of them.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have checked with an animal rescue sanctuary?

5. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So sorry the mama didn't make it. Bottle feeding is a pain, but if you can hold out, the babies may bring a decent price. Wish I could take them off your hands. With the summer months here and kids out of school, hopefully you'll find a buyer soon.

Speaking of critters, we're down to one last rooster, and once he's big enough to butcher, we're done with chickens for a while. I think he knows his fate. Yesterday he got loose and hid. When he didn't come home last night, we figured a predator got him. Oh, no, no such luck. This morning at 5 AM he was crowing loud enough to wake the dead, right at the back door.

#5 abcgrad94, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
  6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

To add to this.....

The other day, Lexie was limping around the house. Usually when she does this, it's merely two of her toenails are crossed, so we uncross them and she's fine. I looked at both her front paws, but none of her toenails were crossed. When I placed her down, she was still limping. I picked her up and looked at both front paws very closely and could see no swelling, nothing sticking out, &c. She wasn't whining, wimpering or making any noises whatsoever. What did I do? Well, I put her paw in my hand and I prayed to God to help her, to heal her. In a few minutes, she was limp free.

Yes, we serve an AWESOME God!!!