1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God and Satan incarnate

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by samuelhenry, May 12, 2003.

1. samuelhenry

samuelhenry New Member

Luke 22:4 "Then Satan entered into Judas Iscariot, who was one of the twelve disciples..."
    Just an interesting thought: when Judas kissed Jesus, it was the only recorded time that Satan incarnate ever had any physical interaction with God incarnate. I had never noticed this before. What a peak moment in the struggle of good and evil. I find that fascinating.

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am extremely uncomfortable with saying that Satan was "incarnate" as a comparison with Christ. The incarnation of Christ was a merging of humanity and deity (100% God and 100% man) - a unique creation.

Satan entering Judas was simply the evil one moving into Judas in order to influence him to do evil. Yes, Satan was literally "incarnate" (that is, 'in flesh'), but it was quite a different thing.

I do think you have brought up an interesting section of scripture though. The stakes were immensely high and the evil one came very near to Christ, attempting to hide in the trusted disciple.

3. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Satan was not "incarnate", he "possessed" Judas which is quite a different story. You see Judas was still there, just in the background. When God became incarnate there was no one else there except Jesus. Satan might have been driving, but, it wasn't his car.