1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God and TIME

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jarthur001, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

No, the Scripture says to rightly divide the word of truth and I was just glad to help out James. Calvinist seem to have this act of leaving out believing and I just try and help when I can, I used all of His Scriptures and never added none of my own, it all belongs to him, amen. peace

#41 Brother Bob, Jul 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2006
  2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

He sees back in time as you say. If he sees in the future what is so hard about seeing the past?

To Him it is all at once so it is not back to Him.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Questions are really amazing to read at times. Of course Christ can go back in time, forward in time, from time to eternity, eternity to time or any other dimension that may exist. Where do you all get these questions? Is there a web site or something?

4. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Hey..God needs to thank you. You added to the Word. Thos words are not there. I guess it does not matter to you....but maybe you should check with God 1st.

What do you think?

If man can do that...does that mean I can say..

You see..if we change Gods Word we can make it say what ever we want.

That is nothing but blaspheming Gods Word!!! And I back not down from that!!

Read the text as it is...and leave it alone.

5. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Yes..He can see. Now I ask again.

You said God was not bound to time.

Can Christ go back in time?

6. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Then can Christ go back to a time when He was not or the cross?

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I added to your word. I put Book Chapter and verse in what I added.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Frankly, the more immediate question is what are you smoking? Christ always was, if as I assume you believe the Bible, so that is a question along the lines of "can God create a rock to heavy for Him to lift?" or "Can God commit suicide?" These baiting questions have been around for years, serve no purpose other than to make fun of the Scripture. If the question is not in God's nature, He will not do it. Whether He could or not, who knows, who cares. SInce Christ died once for sin, there would be no purpose in going back to the cross. IF he could or not, who knows, who cares. IF a frog had wings, he wouldnt bump his butt. Get a hobby man.

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You err greatly James. There is no back to God. He is everlasting to everlasting. He sees all at once. the back as you call it , the now, the future. He is God. We are mortal man.

10. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Gods Word reads...

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
    Romans 8:28-30

Now highlight words you want. Use verse before this passage. Use verse after this passage. Use the Greek...if you need.

Whatever you do.......

DO NOT CHANGE THE CONTEXT.​

If you do...you rewrite Gods word. Sorry to be so bold, but I do take Bible study seriously.

11. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Is Christ work on the cross bound to time?

forget about how heavy the rock is...

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

As far as man is concerned but according to God he sees Him slain before the foundation of the world.

13. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Is Christ work on the cross bound by time?

Your friend say God can go back in time..and go forward. Can He?

14. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

I'm not asking if God can see in time...

I'm asking if Christ work on the cross is bound to time?

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Ok, James I didn't change it!

Hebrews, chapter 11
    "1": Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
    Now being we are saved by Hope and "faith" is the substance of thing hoped for then its "faith" we are saved then God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

You know to be predestinated to be conformed to the likeness of His Son is to be made "Christlike" as in "being born again".

#55 Brother Bob, Jul 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2006
  16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No, Christ's work is not bound to time. As you are always quoting Romans 8 from forknew to glorification, and every possible angle in between, it is obvious that glorification takes place outside of time, and since Christ's work ultimatly results in glorification, no, His work is not bound by time. Also, some of the Old Testement saints, such as Abraham, believed God and was counted as righteouness, forward to the cross.

This is not a mathematical formula. This is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Who cares how time relates? Its beyond human understanding, and really, makes no difference in why we are here, to share the Gospel.

17. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did God learn something new when He saw who believed? Did God "predestinate" people based on new information He obtained when He saw who would believe?

peace to you:praying:

18. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Saturn,

If you are saved, It is my feeling that the Bible says that Christ die for your sins on the cross. Christ took on your sins on the cross and his side was peirced and hands nailed to the cross. Can Christ ever again be the offering of a spotless lamb, pure without blemish or does He body bare the scars that shows it is finished and in the past?

Has Christ died (past tense)on the cross?

Can He die again for you tomorrow (future)?

Is Christ on the cross today (NOW)?..or did he raise?

According to Bob and others.."for" does not relate to Christ.

Does it?

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is Christ God?

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

To us? Yes.
    Since we are bound by time, no.
    Within time? No. Outside of it? Who knows.