1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Brother James, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Brother James

Brother James New Member

I just wanted to take a moment this morning to let the brethren here know that I will not be coming back to BB any time in the near future unless the Lord changes my heart about the matter. To some, this will be welcomed, especially those who deny the grace of Christ. It has come to the point that this is grief of spirit with me. I came here looking for fellowship but found little of it. Instead I found theology so bad among many that it is a wonder they can even call themselves Baptist. It has come to the point that all we get done here is bickering about theology and it is sad the attitude here is not Christ like(even with myself because of the grief of spirit) at all but rather bitter.
    To many here I would like to say that I have enjoyed your fellowship. To those I have offended with my potitical views I beg your patience. To those who hold to the errors of Pelagian and Arminius, may God deliver you.
    Good day and goodbye to all,
    May God bless and keep you in his mercy,
    Brother James.

2. MRCoon

MRCoon New Member

Brother, I'm sad to see you go and hope that you will stay away only long enough to recharge and return shortly...but maybe you can stay in touch at least to encourage those in the fight still. [​IMG]
    I'm relatively new here and while I can understand some of the frustration you feel...I dislike the many attacks aimed at a specific person...instead of having the attitude that we "can agree to disagree" and still be united in fellowship about what we do agree on. [​IMG]

I'm glad the Lord gaves us armor for our Christian life it helps defend us against the Devils attacks and against the occassional 'friendly fire' incident. :confused:

May God Bless and Encourage you in all of your endeavors and service for Him!! [​IMG]

3. Bro. Ruben

Bro. Ruben New Member

Dear Brother James,

My apologies for veering your thread a bit off, and I understand your sentiments.

I joined BB sometime last year; frankly, I learned many things from the questions I posted and I wholeheartedly thank the people who untiringly replied to them. Special mention to Calvibaptist and J. Jump.

I also want to thank Helen because she was the only one who welcomed me the very day I joined BB; that’s why I kept calling her “Sister Helen” each time I answer here posts.

Bro. James, allow me to join you and this will be my last post; I have to leave BB for putting me in a bad picture as I was accused of offending one of the members. Many people were compelling me to ask “real” apologies which after searching my heart I decided not to.

One lesson I learned was that Christian or not – a man is a man is a man.

I also thank our moderators and the people who kept sharing their views the best possible they can. I love reading their opinions.

May I kindly request the Moderators to please delete my account now.

God bless you all. I love you, too.

Goodbye. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Till Jesus Comes,

Bro. Ruben
    Saudi Arabia

4. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Bro James and Ruben, all I can say is Please don't leave!! James, you're so very intelligent. You're probably a perfectionist that just can't stand sloppiness. I know how you feel - just this morning I've been feeling so exasperated with the nonsense. But we need you.

And Bro Ruben, I saw that exchange, and while you might have said it the wrong way, you were right on the principle. It wasn't right for her to bring such a personal situation into a theological debate. It was the ultimate red herring. It's an old trick of debater - when you're losing the argument, elevate the emotional sentiment. Don't let her get away with that.

Please come back.