1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God calls you to be an overcomer by living a holy life!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist-7, Jul 10, 2013.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    With all due respect brother, posting text with colorful highlights really isn't exegesis. I mean, you made a couple of comments attempting to apply the text to the subject of debate here (Christian sin), at which point I asked a life application question that you may have opportunity to verify how you yourself are doing with your own holiness as an example for us to understand where you are coming from, at which point you stalled out and began reposting already covered ground.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My posts of the writings of John and Paul with texts in highlighted in color is not intended as exegesis - rather I am simply pointing to the content in the actual text of scripture to see if we can get some traction, some interest in discussing the Bible and paying attention to what it actually says.

If that leads to someone interesting picking up on that point and open to the idea of exegesis - I count that all the better.

You said
    I took that as a glimmer of hope that possibly someone here was interested in going the route of looking at John's text and exploring the subject in more depth. Apparently I was mistaken and that exegesis never happened nor are you asking that we take that up.

in Christ,

Bob

#82 BobRyan, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013
  3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Exploring the subject in more depth is exactly what I was attempting to do. We all know the text, so let's get the rubber to the road. Now if a preacher/teacher wants to preach condemnation upon the children of God for committing sins then I want to know just how well that preacher is doing in his own life since he is so adamant that everyone else better be holy or else. And if that is too much to ask, then in my opinion that preacher's preaching is worthless and should be dismissed as such by any student desiring to learn the scriptures and how the scriptures effectively apply to one's life.

I have nothing to hide, I have told you how often I sin, and I am acutely aware that if not for the grace of God through belief in Jesus Christ, EACH DAY my sins would condemn me to hell moment by moment. I believe the problem you two guys have on this subject of sins is that you do not comprehend how far and how deep the definitions of sins span in a person's life, yes even a Christian's life. There is no possible way you could even know or be aware of every single sin that you commit hour by hour, in thought, by the tongue, by omissions.

So I already know the answer to my question when I asked it, that is, you sin everyday just like me. But I have good news for you both! Jesus paid it all! Go and love God and love your neighbor as yourself, and ye do well. Avoid breaking the law as much as it is in you, that it may go well with you. But know this, if you do run off into sin, your Father in heaven will chasten you, because He loves you and will sanctify your whole body, soul and spirit, He is faithful, the Author and Finisher of your faith!

Praise Jesus! Boast not in the flesh.

4. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

I realize that most people don't agree with this, but here it is ...

Jesus said, if an unbeliever is preaching the gospel, leave them be!
    Am I right?

Regardless ... don't tell me that even an unbeliever cannot present the true gospel.

This whole "hypocrite" thing people have, including yours (above), is just ridiculous!

If a person is preaching spiritual truth from the Bible, the shape he's in has nothing to do with anything!
    People still need to hear the Truth.
    Jerry tells people, "God insists that you need to do such-and-such!" ... and how Jerry's doin' has nothing to do with it.

That's ALL I'm going to say about it ... i.e. I got it off my chest.

#84 evangelist-7, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
  5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well I appreciate you opening up a little there E-7 :thumbs:

These scriptures are for our sanctification, our edifying, NOT for casting stones and dividing God's family.

Jesus did speak about hypocrisy, am I right? Goes something like judge not that ye be not judged, first get the speck outa your eye and then go to your brother and help him with his. The context for this type of judging is condemnation upon another, which is exactly what seems to be your preaching attitude here with this subject of Christian sinning, correct?

The reason your preaching about this topic is not convicting anyone is because Christians going to hell is unbiblical, you have no power of the Holy Spirit backing your words.

Now, does how Jerry is doing have anything to with his preaching? Sure does, if Jerry wants to convince habitual Christian sinners they are going to be condemned to hell.

Tell you what E, and Bob, let me know when you go all day without a sin, I will be quite interested in hearing how you accomplished that. Love you guys! :love2: