1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God Cannot Be Out-Given

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by PreachTony, Feb 5, 2015.

1. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Yet another email joke...

A large radio and TV broadcast ministry was in dire need of funds to maintain their day to day operations. So they contacted a PR firm and, working with them, sent out a form letter to all of their listeners and viewers. The letter read thus:

_______ Ministries is thankful for all our wonderful listeners and viewers. In order to continue broadcasting to you, we must raise funds for our station. After much research and prayer, we have determined that if every one of our listeners sent us $75, we could continue operating for the next five years. Don't worry about yourselves, though, as God cannot be out-given. As the Lord promised in Job 42, He will pay your back twice what you give.

One of the listeners, a rather cynical fellow in Houston, laughed off the form letter and wrote back to the station, saying:

Dear _______ Ministries, I believe what you have written; I believe it is true that God cannot be out-given; and I believe you have a tremendous need for funds. But I would like to suggest that you send me the $75 and God will give it back to you twice over. You can get rid of your debt a lot faster that way.