1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God Created Man/Adam Sin-ful

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by jeremiah1five, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremiah1five

jeremiah1five Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I make no distinction between the Law(s) of God and His Commands.
    The Law(s) of God are His Commands, and the Commands of God are Law.

As we learn through the Scripture it is the existence of the law that shows us we are sinners. The Law doesn't make us sinners, it reveals that we are sinners. As the apostle Paul stated in Romans 7:7

Romans 7:7 (KJV)
    7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

This is clear enough. But what about the creation of man/Adam? Was he (and the woman) created sin-ful, or as Strong's defines the word as, "missing the mark" [think archery].
    What is the "mark?"
    The glory of God (or the glory that is God).

As Scripture reveals there is only One God, there is none like Him, and He gives His glory to none.

The prevailing doctrine in the church is that Adam was created sin-less, or holy, or 'innocent.' I don't see it that way. Adam possessed no Deific Attributes. The attributes of God are Holiness, Righteousness, Omnipotent, Omniscience, Omnipresent, etc. Adam possessed none of these. God did not give His glory to another, there is none like Him, and there is only one God. Besides these things Adam sinned. Sin does not come from holy. The last Adam proved this. Adam sinned because he was a sinner, he was created "missing the mark." The only two Persons that can stand before a Holy God is a Holy Son and a Holy Spirit. Adam was created sin-ful (missing the mark.)

1 Corinthians 15:42 (KJV)
    42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

But here is the proof that I believe many omit or just don't see:

Genesis 2:17 (KJV)
    17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Here is the law/command of God that reveals the sinful-ness of the first human created. "Thou shalt not!"

And what does Paul say?

Romans 7:7 (KJV)
    What shall we say then? ​
    Is
    the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. ​

Applying this to Adam...

ADAM: "
    What shall we say then? ​
    Is
    the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known disobedience, except the law had said, Thou shalt not [eat of it!] ​

There is only ONE God. Adam possessed no Deific Attributes. Adam was created a by-product of created matter. The dust of the earth.

Adam sinned because he was a sinner, he is no a sinner because he sinned. The last Adam (Christ) proves this.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.