1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God Eternally Existed Before ANYTHING else was made, correct?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Oct 22, 2013.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

You are most gracious, and welcome. :thumbsup:

As I said, the "seeing us through the blood of Christ" phrase is an extrapolation, perhaps a simplistic restating of those verses to preach a truth, though I would admit it could be seen as a stretch of the imagination. I don't believe there is anything essentially wrong with the phrase.

Nor do I. I was simply making an effort to explain how the phrase "seeing us through the blood ... " could arise. Again, a simplification, perhaps overly done.

I agree with that as well. Our sins are removed, as far as east is from west, no doubt. I think the use of the phrase I admit is extrapolated is a way of expressing how God can see us, essentially still sinful -- at least while in the flesh -- even though our sins are washed away. Certainly that washing continues as long as we live, because we are not perfect and will continue to sin, even in the saving faith of Christ.

Exactly. I think we agree, we're just seeing the verses we've both quote from different angles, though I don't believe they oppose one another.

Amen! When that becomes our focus, we tend to beat ourselves up over that sin rather than remembering Christ has already dealt with it at the cross. Though we need to confess it, and repent, we are nonetheless constantly washed and free from sin.

Exactly. If we are regretting our sin, it is obvious we are hating our sin, and we obviously love God, or our sin would not be an affront to us. I believe the "seeing us through the blood" statement is just another way of expressing that concept, that while we know we are washed and free, we nonetheless still deal with sin, but we cannot allow ourselves to beat ourselves up over it and drag ourselves down where Satan can continue to maul us relentlessly with our "not being good enough." If we get too far afield of the need to see ourselves as delivered from that sinful nature, then regardless of how we express who we are in Christ, we set ourselves up for self-abuse that we don't need to endure.

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think we all are basically ageeing on that point, but point still is can God will Himself to literally remember no more?

I think not, as that would go against being "all knowing!"

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

I think the gist of what God says about Himself in "not remembering" has more to do with His not running over and over in His mind how we did thus and such. We as humans tend to relive the wrongs done against us by others, and it is that constant revisiting of those wrongs that prevents us from achieving a willingness to forgive. We can't forget those wrongs, but we can choose to not hold them against others.

I believe that is what God is saying about Himself. He doesn't constantly revisit them, He may be conscious of them, but they do not matter to Him, because He truly has forgiven us in far greater terms than we can ever hope to forgive in our own lives.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that is what happens on this, as the Lord still always knows what we have and will do, He just chooses not to think about them!

So if we aske dHim, do you still know all sins I did, would say yes, but also chooses to not dwell on them!

6. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think we may have a very slight difference in understanding, but in a practical sense, it is negligible.

This is well stated and worth repeating.

Sin is dealt with in Christ and we need to move on from being slaves to present sin in our lives, as well as guilt from our lives before Christ.

Thanks!

7. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God cannot forget, neither can he willingly not remember in the same sense that humankind express with the limitations.

To be under such human constraints would present a disconnect that makes the character and nature of God inconsistent.

It is also good to remember that God does not dwell with a past or future.

He is.

Our humanity cannot fully comprehend this, for humankind is time bound, unlike God who the last of human days is as clearly present with Him as the first.

Therefore, when God stated to Israel that he would remember the sin no more, it isn't that he willingly forgot, or set it aside in not allowing it as a reoccurring thought, or any other such attribute that is time continuum and human related. Though such can be expressed in human terms - with God it is out of character - God cannot not remember.

Rather, it is as He is - the sin never occurred. In God's presence of eternity, such is possible.

Spurgeon gave a sermon on God's Non-Rememberance of Sin that I consider a great help to those who would desire to begin an in depth study.

If folks are interested - click here.

Remember that Spurgeon is often not an easy read, and I suggest taking sections at a time to work through the material.

Challenge his thinking in your mind with Scripture and Scripture principles.

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God already knows all that ever happened, now happening, and will happen, as outside time, and He hasall things under hs sovereign control, and all things proceeding to the end of all
    time as we now know it, at end of Age, when jesus gives His kingdom abck to the father, and God is in all!

So our sins happened to usin "real time" but God already knew those whom he destined to get saved and covered byt he death of Christ, so the sins never happened her His view on it?

#68 Yeshua1, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2013