1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God Gave Wine: What the Bible Says About Alcohol

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

You are fortunate, many, such as Craig Ferguson said of himself in that video cannot drink responsibly.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Then he shouldn't drink. But most people I know can drink responsibly. We've been with people (even unsaved people) who have said when offered alcohol by another (in a restaurant or when we're on each other's boats), "No thank you. One is plenty for me." When I did drink I knew one was safe for me. I didn't go to 2 because it would tend to give me a headache so I'd know that two was too much (even though I wasn't drunk, lots of things affect my migraines). So I would just enjoy the one - as much as I would enjoy one milkshake. :) YUMMY!!!

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nor does 2 or 3. I may not drink any alcohol for months & then have 2 or 3 pops without even flinchin. Fact is I could almost polish off allot more. But then stop & not go back to it for weeks, months or even years. My wife being a friend of Bill W, Not so much.

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

He doesn't, did you watch the video?

I think it amazing that EVERYONE here claims they are in complete control of their drinking. It is surprising that alcoholism even exists. :rolleyes:

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is a false statement. I have stated on numerous occasions that I do not drink because of the way I drink and the witness of it. That was forty years ago. Those are truthful and correct reasons, not like the ones you give by misapplying Scripture to defend abstinence which does not exist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.