1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

?God has no faith!? ... prove it here.

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by TC, Apr 25, 2005.

1. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One person keeps saying that God does not give us faith because he does not have any faith. Here is your chance to prove your assertion. Have at it.

2. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

OK! just some simple questions for you.

1. Can you, a human, do anything that is not consistant with humanity?

2. Did God create man to have the capacity for faith?

3. Can you get faith from anything else?

4. Do the scriptures tell us how to get faith?

5. If you can get faith from anything else, why do you limit faith to being a gift from God?

6. Is faith a transferable commidity?

7. Can you transfer your faith to another human?

8. Can you receive faith from another human?

3. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Asking questions to my question is not proof. You made/ keep on making the comment, so you must give the proof - with scripture.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What do you mean when you say God does not have faith, faith in what /who? If faith comes by hearing His message, and the message is heard through the Word of God (Rom 10:17) how can God have faith if God and the Word are the same (John 1:1) and He doesn't need to hear it He IS IT?

5. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some one said that God gave us even the faith to believe and he said that God did not give us faith because God does not have faith. I asked him to prove it with scripture.

6. NateT

NateT Member

not sure if you meant the Father when you said God or any part of the Trinity, but a scripture for the counter-claim would be:

2 Timothy 2:13 13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful; for He cannot deny Himself.

7. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

TC;
    If God has faith and faith is the hope for things unseen then God wouldn't be God. God see's all and knows all. So what would He need faith for. He doesn't need saving.
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

8. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://gospelgrace.com/webest/JustificationBeforeGod.html

9. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Excuse me? Who made the rule and where is it found that EVERYTHING has to be supported with scripture when the writers of scripture themselves say or elude to the fact that there is more than scripture contains?

Who are you to make such a rule?

10. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Faithful and possessing faith are two different words! Their meaning is different. On can be faithful, "my dog is faithful", without having faith!

11. natters

natters New Member

I'm not sure what the "final answer" is, but I thought I'd throw this into the discussion:

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

If faith is the evidence of things not seen, yet God sees everything, what can God have faith in???

12. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excuse me? Who made the rule and where is it found that EVERYTHING has to be supported with scripture when the writers of scripture themselves say or elude to the fact that there is more than scripture contains?

Who are you to make such a rule?
    </font>[/QUOTE]When the topic is "biblical salvation" then by rule, the Bible is the only authority with any certain merit.

What do you think? That your opinion counts when it comes to this subject?

BTW, the rule is implicit in this:

13. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Faith - pistiv strongs 4102

1 conviction of the truth of anything, belief; in the NT of a conviction or belief respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, generally with the included idea of trust and holy fervour born of faith and joined with it
    a. relating to God
    1. the conviction that God exists and is the creator and ruler of all things, the provider and bestower of eternal salvation through Christ
    b. relating to Christ
    1. a strong and welcome conviction or belief that Jesus is the Messiah, through whom we obtain eternal salvation in the kingdom of God
    c. the religious beliefs of Christians
    d. belief with the predominate idea of trust (or confidence) whether in God or in Christ, springing from faith in the same
    2. fidelity, faithfulness
    a. the character of one who can be relied on

from www.studylight.org

14. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This argument/assertion that God cannot grant faith is absurd.

God does not have to exercise or need something to give it to someone else. He doesn't need air to survive but that doesn't change the fact that He graciously provides it to us.

15. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To Scott J's post, I would also add.

2 Timothy 3:16
    All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

16. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did God not exercise faith when he created the universe out of nothing? He said let there be ... and it was so. He expected His words to produce just what he asked for - that is excercising faith according to some.

17. natters

natters New Member

No, I don't think God exercised faith when he created the universe. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. God didn't say "Oh, I hope when I say 'let there be light' that light will actually appear!" [​IMG]

But I do agree with the other poster who said God does not need something himself to give it to us.

18. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But in creating the universe, God called those things that be not as though they were. Which is another aspect of faith. He did not hope for light as we might hope to win the lottery, but he did expect it to be there after he said it - and it was so.

19. natters

natters New Member

Well, if you can find a verse that talks of God having faith in creating the universe, that would certainly help. [​IMG]

20. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is not one that says God has faith or has exercised faith - just as there is not one that says he does not have faith or has never exercised faith.