1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God Hates the Sin and loves the sinner

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Jun 6, 2013.

1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Contextually the righteous are His elect.

2. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

BWAHAH! That's hilarious! Gotta love the kiddos :thumbs:

3. preacher4truth

Matthew 1:21

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

So, what objectivity would you us to classify what is "wicked" and what is "sinner"?

5. preacher4truth

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :thumbsup:

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:godisgood: :jesus: :godisgood: :jesus:

7. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Yes. But He is also Holy Holy Holy, and from that stems His hatred towards sin.

Here is a clip of David Platt discussing this issue.

God Hates & Loves Sinners

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

God predestined her to order the grilled cheese, knowing that you were the one who really wanted it. By His providence, she threw it on your desk. You have no other choice than to eat it. :tongue3:

9. preacher4truth

Man alive was it delicious!!!!!!

That's my dinner! Waiting for my wife to get home from work, my dinner is over!

10. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Paul said, 1 Tim 1:15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation that Christ Jesus came into this world to SAVE SINNERS of whom I am chief. I think the wicked and ungodly are the non elect and sinners are the elect. Everything about a wicked person God hates. The plowing of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, the thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the Lord, the way of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, the sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Its its an error to take our modern understanding of the word hate and apply the exact same meaning to the hebrew and greek. We are told to hate our families using this method, not to mention loving our enemies. Can we love more than God who IS love? Who's theology rips God's sovereignty now? The calvinist is completely inconsistent in their handling of Scripture.

12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Common English Bible

Psalm 11:5:

"The Lord examines both the righteous and the wicked;his very being hates anyone who loves violence."

13. preacher4truth

Who said a thing about loving MORE than God?

Such says a one who was elected conditionally while disparaging those who were elected unconditionally.

Wonder which position exemplifies the love of God more?

Amazed that non-calvs love to death to speak of conditional election (based upon personal merit) and despise Biblical unconditional election (based solely upon God and Sovereign choice) and yet the same, whilst in a state of inertness wonder which position rips God's Sovereignty.

Yeah. Sure.

:laugh: :wavey:

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Strange, is this thread about hate or unconditional election?

Man: Love friends, commanded to love enemies, called a murderer if he hates.
    God: Loves friends, hates enemies.

Do the math.

15. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Ezekiel 3:1
    8 When I say to a wicked person, ‘You will surely die,’ and you do not warn them or speak out to dissuade them from their evil ways in order to save their life, that wicked person will die for[Or in; also in verses 19 and 20] their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. 19 But if you do warn the wicked person and they do not turn from their wickedness or from their evil ways, they will die for their sin; but you will have saved yourself.

20 “Again, when a righteous person turns from their righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before them, they will die. Since you did not warn them, they will die for their sin. The righteous things that person did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. 21 But if you do warn the righteous person not to sin and they do not sin, they will surely live because they took warning, and you will have saved yourself.”

Ezekiel 18:32
    For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!

James 5:19
    My brothers and sisters, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring that person back,20
    remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

James 3:
    3 Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

Luke 6:
    Love for Enemies
    27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
    32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Matthew 5:
    Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[Lev. 19:18] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

When God stretches His arm out to us and we turn our back on Him saying it must not be meant for me, man what if man could learn to love those they hate.

#35 psalms109:31, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013