1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God hates the sin and the sinner!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Brother Shane, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Psalms 5:5 "The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity."

That is all I need to tell me that the LORD does not love the sinners of this world. What about you?

2. Brutus

Brutus Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    it certainly works for me!

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Then scripture lies when it says "God so loved the world".

Take a look at the verse in the OP. Where does it say that, when God hates all workers of iniquity, that He withholds love from them? It doesn't. If that's what "hate" meant, then scripture lies. In fact, "withholding of love" is something that we imply in the English language. But that implication is generally absent in Hebrew and Greek.

4. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Thanks Brutus!

Just wait and see. I am going to get scalded for believing what I believe in. There is going to be 15 good men on here jumping on little ole me. It has happened before.

The people on here can't get on without scalding someone. That is why I have to take big breaks -- it will make my blood pressure go up TOO high.

REPENT OR PERISH

5. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

Ephesians 2:1-5; 1As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature[a] and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. 4But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

That's all I need to tell me that the Lord loved sinners enough to stretch out His arms and die. Thankfully, that works for me.

6. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

What? John 3:16? You sure do make this easy. [​IMG]

Hereby perceive we the love [of God], because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down [our] lives for the brethren.

John 3:16-18 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

It is funny how you don't post the rest of the sciptures. Buddy, you have to read on. God lovED the world, can YOU see that?

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Name one person who ever lived who this doesn't apply to? You can't base a belief system on one verse. John 3:16 tells us that God loves the WORLD. The Bible cannot contradict Itself. Try comparing Scripture to Scripture. It sheds a lot more light.

8. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

I am not a sinner. God refers to me as his child. I was born a sinner in a sinful world. He saved me and WASHED ME IN THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB! I am a forgiven-sinner. I am HIS CHILD!

9. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Lie some more, webdog. He didn't say he loves the world. Read again.

That verse applied to the lost sinners -- not me.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The Hebrew for hate, "sane", does not mean to withold love. Detest or despise would be a better definition.

11. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

And this is the people coming out of the woodwork. You just met yourself a deep down southern Baptist and I ain't going no where!

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

So God loved the entire world at that moment, and no other? So no one was sinning at that moment? I think it's you who needs to read scripture better: God so loved that he gave. Unless you're going to imply that He didn't give Jesus to everyone as well.

To imply that God doesn't love all because "loved" in John 3:16 is past tense is such a perversion of scripture, it's quite laughable.

If God withholds love from all sinners, when you are 100% hellbound, as am I.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's obvious, pappy, you are a troll. How are things under the bridge?

14. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Excuses Excuses. The Bible says what it says. ***Personal insult removed***

[ November 03, 2005, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: blackbird ]

15. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

You name everyone on here a troll. If you don't like what they say, you call them a troll. If it isn't your way, you call names. I am not trolling anything. I am just preaching the TRUE WORD OF GOD MY FRIEND!

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You are not a sinner? This phrase is a sin. Blaspheme some more.

17. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Apparantly, you do. You are favoring an English word over the Greek and Hebrew definitions. That's adding to scripture, and that's heresy. Heresy is a sin. You're a sinner. God hates sinners, and sends them to Hell. You're therefore going to Hell, according to your logic.

18. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

I already explained my beliefs and you have already said I am going to hell. Imagine that, lol! I am 100% sure that I am going to Heaven. So, why did you lie?

I am a forgiven-sinner. Not a lost sinner. He hates the rags walking around constantly sinning and drawing people away from God -- he don't hate us -- his Children.

19. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

oh well thanks for editing your post..

20. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

It clearly states what he hates. If he didn't hate, why make a hell? For the people he loved? Sure!