1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God is glorified in the damnation of the wicked

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Mexdeaf, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

2. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

You're just now figuring that out? :)

Blessings to you, also.

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

"In our natural Adamic state, we are not on our sick beds. We are in the grave." —Keith Mathison

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God will receive the glory for all things that he has done, regardless IF some might think its 'right" for Him to do that or not...

Even the Demons acknowledged Jesus when he came first time...

When all things are finally down and God wraps it all up for the eternal state...

"To God be the glory, for the things He has done!"

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

KJV Proverbs 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

HankD​

6. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Just a couple of quick questions:

Would you think it unfair or unjust or unglorifying of God if He chose to save the most vile, the most evil? If He brought even them to a state of repentance and belief?

Mind you, I'm not asking if it would offend you for Him to just forgive everybody willy nilly. I'm asking if it would bother you for Him to save all exactly as He does some. For Him to convict them of sin, draw them in repentance and see them fall on their faces seeking His forgiveness. If He granted them belief.

Let me phrase it real Calvinistically--what if He ultimately chose to save all unilaterally?

I'm not arguing He does--let's not even go there. I'm just asking IF you believe He would get more glory saving a select few, or all?

I'll state upfront I strongly believe all of us are evil and due the hottest hell without His grace.

7. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

let me add another question--why would God just settle for a few when he has the power to save all? and why settle for the least glory when he could have the most glory ?

8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Does he get only part glory, or ALL glory for whatever He does?

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think we can know that in a humanly understandable way at this point:

Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:​

We are not privy to that counsel just the resultant and forthcoming command :

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Bottom line - God doesn't have to ultimately "settle" for anything but perfection.

We all know that - but its difficult (actually impossible) for us to get our minds around it.

Ecclesiastes 3:11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

HankD​

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the most glory is in the Cross of the Christ, and that ANY gets saved is ultimate glory to God!

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    is it even possible for God to get "partial" glory for All that He has brought to pass?

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its a subjective matter in our own thinking.

But He knows the end from the beginning in a timeless and perfect manner.

So for Him it's all a done deal.

For us - we will have to complete the timestream into eternity for that perfect knowledge and give Him His glory in a perfect way.

HankD

13. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whether or not he's 'seeking' to draw attention to the doctrine, election is exactly what's contained within the passage, it's impossible to hide it, ESPECIALLY when compared with other scripture:

25 At that season Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou didst hide these things from the wise and understanding, and didst reveal them unto babes:
    26 yea, Father, for so it was well-pleasing in thy sight.
    27 All things have been delivered unto me of my Father: and no one knoweth the Son, save the Father; neither doth any know the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son willeth to reveal him. Mt 11

26 For behold your calling, brethren, that not many wise after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
    27 but God chose the foolish things of the world, that he might put to shame them that are wise; and God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put to shame the things that are strong;
    28 and the base things of the world, and the things that are despised, did God choose, yea and the things that are not, that he might bring to nought the things that are:
    29 that no flesh should glory before God. 1 Cor 1

14. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm asking my questions for these reasons: I surely have no idea how many folks God will save. That is far beyond my pay grade. I can find scripture to support limited numbers and scripture to support all, so I have to leave it in the hands of God.

But I sometimes interact with some who seem bent on focusing, with almost delight, on those that will be lost. Not in the sense of praying and witnessing and teaching and hoping they come to salvation, but rather like it pleasures them to sit and think that there will be, in their minds, millions of people writhing in torment. Sort of like they expect to peek over from heaven and enjoy the barbeque going on in hell. Sickens me.

15. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I totally share your revulsion, it's like some can't wait to be vindicated by other's eternal torment.

What gets me as much as anything in nearly every passage they use the concept of 'eternity', or 'eternal consequences', has been inserted into the context, the OP passage from Mt 11 being a prime example, it's not even about 'heaven or hell'.

#35 kyredneck, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
  16. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

:thumbsup:

17. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

simple statement---belief system reflects attitude :) whether its Hate or God's Love :)