1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God is light, and in him is no darkness at all

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rockytopva, Mar 31, 2018.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
    Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
    Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. - 1 John 1:5

Unfortunately, though, the light and the darkness interact here on planet Earth...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Comparing the light and the darkness, the opposite of E/c2 would be z (absolute zero)/ c (darkness)...

Natural z/d - Nothing, empty space.
    Mental z/d - Again nothing but empty space.
    Spiritual z/d - z (laziness, coldness, hatred / d (fear, despair, greed, sorrow)

A correct spiritual E/c2 is an important ally to the Christian faith.

"You know, they are fooling us, there is no God… all this talk about God is sheer nonsense." - Joseph Stalin to a boyhood friend
    The foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. - 1 Corinthians 1:25

Yes... Joseph Stalin was right... The power of God is non-sense...There is no intellectual value to virtue, love, faith, hope, charity, and joy. It is the presence of the Spiritual E/c2 that is Christianities greatest friend. And its powers brought back Christianity to the Russian people...

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  2. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I say this, especially, as I have known too many who have a head packed with religious dogma, and no spiritual virtue whatsoever!

3. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And the very son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ, perished in the midst of z/d...

[​IMG]

4. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why did God create darkness?

5. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Is darkness a result of the absence of light? Maybe he withdrew his light and energy and darkness and absolute zero was the result of it.

6. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My dad is dating a Jewish Catholic lady. When talking about spiritual light she referred to some rallies in Egypt where people jumped up and down shouting, "Truth! Truth! Truth!" in Arabic.

After the conversation I began to think that the Holy Spirit light is something best experienced and shown out of the believers heart, rather than some religious definition. Interesting, though, that the mission of Saint Paul was to....

"To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me." - Acts 26:18

I like the energy and light in Methodist times. My next YouTube video will deal with the life David Sullins, “Recollections of an Old Man – Seventy Years in Dixie” and here is his Testimony

I was converted in my twelfth year, in the old log church in the town of Athens, Tn.

Our place of worship was two miles in the country at Cedar Springs; but occasionally when there were no services at our church, we went to town to preaching. Rev. Frank Fanning was the preacher. I sat with my hands between my knees to keep them warm, and listened to the preacher. There came into my childish heart a feeling unknown before—a strange sense of the nearness and love of Jesus, of whom mother had so often spoken to me. I felt that I loved him. A simple, childlike tenderness filled my heart and I felt that he loved me. It was a most delightful sensation. I think I wept for very joy, but said nothing. It was all so new and strange and sweet that I knew nothing to say. I looked over to the seat where father and mother were seated, and such a flood of love for them swept through me that I could hardly repress the desire to run and hug them. I did actually love everybody and everything. And that sweet feeling stayed with me after the benediction. It stayed with me all about the house and barn, singing in my heart when alone in the woods; and I wanted to pray, and did not want my dog to catch that little rabbit and kill it.

Do you ask, "What was it?" I never once thought what it was. I was happy and peaceful, and everybody was good, and that was enough. Sometimes I would stay around mother and wish she would tell me to do something, that I might have the pleasure of showing her how quickly and well I could do it. It did not occur to me that I had religion. Indeed, I hardly thought a boy could get religion except at Cedar Springs Camp Meeting. But that sweet, love-everybody feeling staid with me till camp meeting. I was glad when that came. At the first call I went to the mourners' bench, and down in the straw father and mother and brother and sister came, and we prayed together, and I began to laugh and hug them. It was the same old feeling of love and tenderness which I felt on the Sunday six months before. I said: "I've got religion. Hallelujah!" It was true, and I have never had any better, and all I want now is more of it!

And there are many good stories of the like.

7. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    I used to think so, but God created space and time and did not allow light there, see Gen 1

This is not a yin yang, good evil balance scenario as your symbols suggest

8. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Read the book of Judges. The children of Israel would only live in light for a single generation.

9. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    They followed God is what you are saying. They were already in darkness. Jesus ministry is to those in darkness.
    Luke 1:79

This is not the "force" balancing good and evil. This is Gnostic teaching from about the 1st century

10. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would also say that the mystery of darkness is is working its way back into the church.

11. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it is very subversive. In many ways too.

Trying to keep glory from God..... usually to praise the creature

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Bible lays the lack of spirituality directly at the feet of sin and the party life...

Whoredom and wine and new wine take away the heart. - Hosea 4:11
    And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. - Matthew 24:12

13. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, rockytopva, how is this not Gnosticism mixed with a kind of scient-ism and eastern religion? Also, is this prophecy? Because it sure seems that way to me, considering you are adding a whole new doctrine without the bible teaching on any of this.

14. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    But God is light!

Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God. - Isaiah 50:10
    This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. - 1 John 1:5

The mission of Saint Paul....
    To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. - Acts 26:18

And to define a progression biblically into the Spiritual Light...

1. Hope - Hope is something that we all live for.
    2. Faith - The second spiritual constituent is faith, which opens the door to the temple. We must continue to keep our faith up, it is a lifelong thing.
    3. Learned virtues - I Cor 13: Kindness, Politeness, Perfection, etc.
    4. Charis: Greek for Grace.
    5. Eucharisteo: Much Grace, Greek for gratitude
    6. Charizomai: Well-favored - Kind of a mixture of love and hope.
    7. Euchrestos: Greek for profitable... Let profitable thoughts rule the day!
    8. Chairo: Greek for Cheer, "Cheerio Mate!"
    9. Chara: Greek for joy... The joy of the Lord is your strength!
    10. Chrestotes: Excellence in character
    11. Charisma: Heavenly Graciousness - A charming character!
    12. Chrisma: Heavenly Anointing The Holy Grail of Christianity!

The Apostle Paul wanted our faith grounded in more than wisdom....

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
    2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
    3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
    4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
    5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. - 1 Corinthians 2

#14 rockytopva, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  15. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
    Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
    Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

God the Father is God of all light and energy. He can disassociate mass into plasma (heat and light) and reassociate plasma back into mass, however to his will and liking. And God will soon disassociate mass into plasma and reassociate plasma back into mass one more time...

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

My variation of the Lord's Prayer....

My Father in Heaven, hallowed be thy name!
    By Kingdom come thy will be done as in earth as it is in heaven
    Give me today my daily bread and forgive me my debts as I forgive my debtors
    And lead me not into sin but deliver me from evil
    For thine is the kingdom, the power, the light, the energy, and the glory
    Father, behold you disassociate mass into plasma and reassociate plasma into mass
    all according to your will and your liking
    I pray that you think favorably upon me oh God, and strengthen this body of mine
    Give me of your light and energy, naturally, mentally, and spiritually,
    Let your name be glorified in heaven and in earth,
    For it is in Jesus name I pray! Amen!

16. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    The speed of light is not a constant, nor a limit.

17. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    rockytopva, are you arguing that hidden in mathematics and science are ways of knowing spiritual reality that were long hidden until the formula or theory was understood? Because that is Gnosticism.

Also, it just seems like you have strung together a lot of observations on wildly different subjects and glued them together with a logic I can't follow, because it is questionable.

18. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. - Galatians 5:22-23

Nothing here on intelligence, doctrine, wisdom, or knowledge. That is because Spirit is not knowledge, When I was out in the world I tried to read the bible and would make it as far as Leviticus. When the Spirit of the Lord came in I naturally read the bible and did what was right. It was because it was a spiritual motive and not an intellectual directive.

19. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you read the book of Judges you will find the interactions of light and darkness...

[​IMG]

1. Awakening - The Lord sends a judge which leads the people to repentance
    2. Revival - They break the yoke of bondage and enjoy the fruits of the land
    3. Prosperity - They enjoy a season of prosperity
    4. Peak - They think they come to a place of arrival
    5. Comfort Zone - In the comfort zone they loose touch with God
    6. Play - They then turn to idols and the party life
    7. Disaster Area - They return to slavery awaiting another judge and to return to step 1,

20. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am going to leave the thread, there seems no way to convince you this is hidden knowledge and false teaching.