1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God Is Not a Glorified Bookkeeper!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by OldRegular, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Scripture is abundantly clear that Those who are “the saved” are brought into union with Jesus Christ and are given eternal life to be enjoyed in the presence of God. Since they are children of God they are kept Eternally Secure by God. Yet there are some on this Forum who falsely, and I believe deliberately, reject Scripture and blasphemously try to teach that God is unable to keep those who belong to Him, those for whom Jesus Christ died. They are unable to refute Scripture such as those shown below and make no attempt to do so. Rather these people would have us believe that God is simply a “glorified bookkeeper, endlessly erasing and writing names in the Book of Life. They are perfectly willing to give the lie to both Scripture and God who gave it. And they do it over and over and over.

John 6:35-40
    35. And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
    36. But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
    37. All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
    38. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
    39. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
    40. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 10:27-30
    27. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28. And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.
    29. My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand.
    30. I and [my] Father are one.

And then the Apostle Paul tells us:

Romans 8:38, 39
    38. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
    39. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:28-30
    28. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
    29. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
    30. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

And then the Apostle John writes:

1 John 3:1, 2
    1. Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
    2. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

It is my opinion that those who would deny the truth taught in the above Scripture, making God a liar, raise questions about their own experience of Grace! And they do this routinely over and over again, apparently never giving a thought to their blasphemy.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I started this thread but to prevent Ryan and E-7 from using it to post their blasphemous nonsense I ask the moderator to close it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.