1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God is not going to punish sin?????

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Feb 22, 2016.

1. grits4jesusfl

grits4jesusfl New Member

Could you prove those answers with scripture please?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello Grit
    Good post. You are asking the right questions.
    God calls us to be concerned about what he is concerned about. God calls us the His mission to redeem Sinners in his Son
    God calls us to be faithful ministers of the New Covenant to bring the gospel to all men
    Well God has indeed chosen all who will will be saved he has also chosen the means that he is going to use to accomplish that salvation the incarnation and sending His Son to the cross to accomplish redemption the spirit coming to empower believers at Pentecost and then believed was going out to reach sinners one Sinner at a time.
    Some of these things seem confusing at first but after awhile one piece at a time it all falls into place and it becomes very clear what God expects from us is faithfulness to His word and holy service done in His name

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Agedman

I will answer in detail when I get to a keyboard.
    Grit
    Romans 8 28 all the way through Romans 9 deals with God electing planning and predestined free destiny his people to be saved and it in Romans 10 the Apostle Paul points out that Christ is the end of the law for righteousness ever believes will be saved but you really quotes from Joel chapter 2 and then he goes on in verse 10 to 15 saying how blessed are the feet of those who bring the gospel of peace to the to the nations so you have both aspects proven in Romans 8 9 and 10

• Like Like x 1
  4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Peter 3:8 Finally, be all like-minded, compassionate, loving as brothers, tender hearted, courteous,
    9 not rendering evil for evil, or insult for insult; but instead blessing; knowing that to this were you called, that you may inherit a blessing.

Matthew 28:19 Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
    20 teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you. Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.

John 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    God doesn't choose who is allowed to be saved. He saves.

Sent from my TARDIS

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    agedman,

I mention dispensationalism because of how that system fragments portions of scripture that should be joined together.
    Each kind of church has it's own areas where they have weaknesses. I was not speaking of all the problems that exist.

Do the scriptures teach that? or were the verses you are thinking of speaking of churches in Paul's day?

agreed

The followers in most of the churches can remain shallow as they look for the beast and false prophet, rather than the spread of the Kingdom , which they do not believe has come to earth yet.
    Perhaps....or then again...the system of dispensationalism can be error from start to finish.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "grits4jesusfl,

A person cannot savingly believe in Jesus unless God allows him or her to believe. So when a person is savingly drawn to God , they repent and believe the Gospel by God given faith. To get assurance of salvation in a biblical way, they give dilegence to make their calling and election sure;
    2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.

13 Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance;

• Like Like x 1
  8. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry about the vacation but i had a bout that began last night and I slept until it was time to go to bed again and here I am, awake.

I will not sling mud and those that live to sling it appear to be gone but that is why I left here for about a year. But I am, and I admit it, a strange bird for a Baptist believer. I am a Biblicist!

If scripture states it, I cherish it and hold it close. As I have searched the scriptures since 1/1/91 I noticed that the Calvinist and the Armenian ignore some scripture in order to justify their preferred position. As nearly as I can tell, both fall within the pail of Christin Orthodoxy and so do not present an issue with Salvation.

Holding the position I do includes the view that God has been faithful and true and thus every word of the Bible is the Holy Word of God. I take Deuteronomy 4:2 (Deu 4:2 Ye do not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor diminish from it, to keep the commands of Jehovah your God which I am commanding you.) and Revelation 22:19 (Rev 22:19 and if any one may take away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the scroll of the life, and out of the holy city, and the things that have been written in this scroll;') (YLT) to be absolute truth that god has kept His Word true and worthy of belief.

From my study these past twenty- six plus years have learn that God is Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent. That last one, omnipresent is very hard for the Finite Mind to grasp but it is the key to understanding some of God's decisions.

God is here, right now but God is also in the past before the Earth was created and He, God, is in the future, right now. So it was that before the earth was, God knew Bill Taylor would be on stage, singing in the New Year for a bar full of drunks when He would open the door to his heart and allow the holy Spirit to enter my heart.

Thus it is that God wrote the name, Willis Dawson Taylor into the Book or life. And God is not capricious like men, God wants every man to be saved and has created none for the purpose of Eternal punishment (2Pet. 3:9) but will, also, not be a bully and force any of us to live in Heaven with Him.

As for the music in Church, it scares me to death. A show will fill the pews or the chairs but God does not call men to be showmen. Had I wanted that, just before I opened my heart to God, I has the same offer that Clint Black received and turned it down because the call of God was that strong. It is becoming more and more difficult to sing the Hymns that carry the theology in there words and if I could still sing in Church that is what they would get from me. Preach the Word in song.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reference please.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tom don't forget something one of my professors called "the bolt from the johannine blue (found in the Gospel of Matthew) ":
    Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

HankD

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oui.