1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

*God is the one who placed Obama as President of these United States of America

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Sounds like Steaver wants to get to heaven in a hurry. Apparently the prospect of getting his nails dirty in a little spritual warfare is too much for him to handle. :laugh:

Calm down and take a deep breath you'll get there when the Lord see's fit. Easy escapism isn't going to get you anywhere but sad and depressed when you find yourself still here 20 or 30 years from now living under a tryanny you could have at least tried to do something about when you had the chance. You got kids Steaver?

#21 poncho, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
  2. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe that God "placed" Obama in office. I believe that God allowed Obama to take office. Sometimes bad things happen for a reason. Sometimes God allows bad things to happen to us to see how we handle it (to test us). Read the Book of Job. I also believe that often times good things come out of bad situations.

I believe the reason Obama was allowed to take office was to serve as a wake up call. When we stray from the path that God wants us on, we get crummy leadership from the cheif executive. Of course, I mean "we" as a nation.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So you don't believe in the rapture where the Church is pulled out before these things happen?

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Can you name a generation, going back to ACT 2, who didn't see the "day or hour" manifesting in their time? Man has always watched the signs but has consistently be wrong regarding what they are seeing. I'm not making that a reason to stop watching the signs as we were commanded, I'm just asking what makes your conclusions more accurate then any of the conclusions since ACT's 2?

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Perhaps we considered a situation bad because we didn't see the good that was coming??

I don't subscribe to the belief that we are being judged as a nation. Salvation is now an individual relationship with God and not that of an entire nation like with Israel. America clearly is not "God's chosen people" or we wouldn't have some many non-Christians in this country...

6. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, we already established this and everyone agrees with it. Now back to what we have been speaking about...

What do you think JustChristian? Should we be "discerning the signs of the times", "seeing the Day approaching"?

:jesus:

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, two.

You didn't answer my question, what are you doing besides sitting on your computer chair and complaining?

8. RalphIII

RalphIII New Member

God also allowed Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, King George III, and other evil rulers to come to power? Were we wrong in fighting those men and the evil they wreacked upon the Earth? God punished, devided and led His people Israel into and out of slavery because of bad Rulers. Was God wrong for having put them in charge in the first place?
    No. God blesses us and charges us to do His will. It is man who chooses to sin or perform evil. BTW, I beleive He allowed those men to come to power in raising good men against them and in exposing real evil. It is up to us to fight the good fight.

Your reasoning is drastically wrong. God does not call us as Christians to be slothful or indifferent to evil and sin as Christians. I will continue to be outspoken against Obama and the evil he supports and his dangerous policies for America. America has always served as a beacon to others and in helping others but if it fails only bad will come from it. Maybe God will change the heart of Obama or maybe He will use him to wake up Americans to such as Obama!

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God allowed, God placed. No difference. Obabma is another piece of God's plan to bring in the one world government with one world currency.

:thumbs:

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe in pre-trib rapture. What I am saying is that the system of one world government and one world currency most likely would be in place or at least set up and ready to implement before the church is raptured.

11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The only thing man has been consistantly wrong about is when man took it upon themselves to set days or hours, even a year. We are called to discern the times. Do you not see one world government, one world currency knocking at the door? And this government and currency is what the scripture declares the antichrist will take advantage of? Therefore, it is nearer now than when we first believed. The Day will come, it should not be as a theif in the night for those who pay attention to the signs of the times and what the scripture has to say.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There have been many false "discerners", wouldn't you say? So...

How long are the "times"? 10 years? 100 years? 1000 years?

How does one know they are "discerning" correctly?

When the "day or hour" actually arrive?

#32 carpro, Apr 11, 2009
  13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen!

Is that what I said?

#33 steaver, Apr 11, 2009
  14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you questioning me or Jesus' words? What does this mean....

Mat 16:3And in the morning, [It will be] foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O [ye] hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not [discern] the signs of the times?

Hbr 10:25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

I am here admonishing believers to discern the signs of the times and watch as ye see the Day approaching and you are challenging me saying we shouldn't? What's up? Don't like what the scripture says or my application of the scripture? Tell me what these passages teach. Are we to discern the signs of the times and watch the Day approaching or not?

15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

That was very different, Israel as a nation was God's chosen people. You remember, the descendent's of Abram. The US is not Gods chose people despite how many evangelicals think we are. Salvation is now an individual we all must achieve.

I think the difference here is "evil" according to God and perceived evil according to man. Because you call an action of Obama evil doesn't make it evil. The question is is it evil in the sight of God?

God has however made it clear that lying and bearing false witness are evil. Yet I see it being done daily against Obama and it is supported by God's people. I find it odd to see a person say they can't support evil like abortion but appear very much in favor of spreading lies, bearing false witness and generating/propagating a spirit of fear which we didn't get from God.

So how is it we can declare God doesn't want us to be slothful or indifferent to evil then we turn around and do evil things ourselves?

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

But you're also saying as Christians our focus is to be rapture ready and not consumed with the things of this world. Do I have that right?

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You indicated according to the signs of the times, the day and hour are at hand. I was just wondering if you can name a generation since ACTS 2 that have not seen these same signs and sounded this same warning in their time? It was declared Hitler was the AC. Well, Hitler is dead.

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "Consumed"? I said we should be paying attention and yes we should be rapture ready.

"Same signs"? Wars and rumours of wars have been going on ever since Jesus ascended on High. When is the first recorded account in history of a collective clammoring for one world currency and a one world government by many around the world at the same time? And since this time has it been as intense as it has been since Obama has taken over the Presidency?

Hitler wanted the world for himself, he did not want a one world government of many countries, he wanted a one world dictatorship.

You'll have to give specifics of what signs you are thinking of throughout history and then we can compare them with what is going on today.

Do you not see the Day approaching? Have you discerned the signs of the times, (what are the signs you see) and if so what have you concluded?

19. billwald

billwald New Member

What if God is "post trib, post mil"

and we have been in the last days fo 2000 years?

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now you have it! :thumbs:

How have you been discerning the signs of the times brother? Do you see the Day approaching? It's closer now than when we first believed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.