1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God loves the Sinner and Hates the sin?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Larry, Sep 18, 2001.

1. Larry

Larry Member
    Site Supporter

Good points Don, Phillip, Rockfort and Chris

I think this is a very appropriate subject for discussion at this time.

The difference between anger and hate, that’s thought provoking, I will look it up when I get home. I'm sure there is an important distinction between the two.

Is it a righteous thing to be angry with the Hijackers? I think so.

Is it a righteous thing for us to hate the Hijackers?

Dose God hate the Hijackers? I think so

Would God save Osama Binlotin if he repented and placed faith in Jesus Christ? I know so

We have been discussing a child molester, on another page and I for one get extremely angry at the thought of some pervert harming a child, I think this is also a righteous thing. Abortion, rape, murders that kind of stuff gets my dander up. Of course I cant/ wont act on those emotions, unless I found myself in a situation where I could stop it. My only recourse is to vote and hope the government would punish the offender.

Rockfort,

I think there is a line that shouldn’t be crossed concerning obeying governments. That line is when obeying the government met disobeying God.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have the same God written of in the "old Testament" as in the "New Testament".

He hasn't changed, He will destroy sin and sinner alike.

But, for the moment (going on 2000 years), an amnesty for sinners and our deserved retribution has been called while the elect are called out of all the nations.

Someday that amnesty will end.

Then His FULL wrath will be poured out.

HankD

3. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Larry, I feel you have thought this through at length and I, for one, as you know was asking people what they thought about the other child molesting situation to confirm my beliefs. People tend to take a pacifist attitude now by saying "Do what Jesus would do." If I did what Jesus would do, " I would go into that church where they are selling counselor services and record and tapes and make a whip of cords and run them out of God's house." I am not the Son of God so maybe I don't have a right to clean out HIS house the way he did, but I think you are right--he will someday.

As for the governments and the remarks (not by you Larry, I forget the postee's name.) Which government? Well, if you read Romans 13:1-6 we see that ALL governments are sanctioned by God whether or not they are evil and I would imagine THEY will answer to HIM in the end; HOWEVER, (and a big however) if the government tells us to do something against God's law, we, as Christians are citizens of TWO governments -- God's AND the United States (assuming we are US citizens). Now, if the U.S. tells me to bow down to a statue, I AIN'T GONNA DO IT. Because my higher government will hold me and my government responsible. Jesus and his desciples appeared to have obeyed the laws of the Roman government because they were under Roman rule at that time, but he did NOT do anything the government said against the law of God. But, I think in general God wants me to obey the laws of the land as long as they do not disagree with his laws. Now, who was right in the American English situation? Well, the colonies LEFT the motherland and rejected their citizenship for religious freedom. The English elected to come over to this land and try to take over the colonies. The colonies set up their own government and declared war on the invading government of England. In other words, the colonists were responsible for doing and backing their government or they could have stayed in England. If I lived in Russia, before the big changes in religious attitude, I would have obeyed the government up to the point of driving by the laws, not robbing banks, etc. but, I would have drawn the line and continued to worship God (assuming I was already a Christian). Jesus acted in secret to keep from getting killed by the local Jewish priests who were their governement leaders under the Romans. He told his diciples, not to mention some of the things he did until after he rose again because they would be killed. I think there is a time to follow the government--which is most of the time--especially in a free country like ours that has few religious laws; and a time to either rebel because of belief or be sneaky and use house churches and stealth to take the gospel into places like Pakistan where you WILL be killed if caught. I dunno--just my thoughts.