1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God omnipresent.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 37818, Aug 7, 2019.

1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Often cited is Psalms 139, ". . . Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? [ If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. . . ." With that comes to mind Ezekiel 18:32, ". . . For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye. . . ." And Revelation 14:10-11, ". . . fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, . . ."

Now the reason I would not want to be a Christian are some Christians and the counterfeit churches, which come to mind. The reason I remain a Christian is knowing God (John 17:3; 1 John 4:7) and the gospel of grace (Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9).

Which brings to mind, Colossians 3:23, ". . . And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; . . ."

And that God is omnipresent, Acts of the Apostles 17:28, ". . . For in him we live, and move, and have our being: . . ."

We are always in the presence of our holy and righteous God. (Besides the Holy Spirit within us as believers, Romans 8:16.)

2. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just curious, what are you trying to discuss exactly?

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Not directly related, but your last verse reminded me of this.

"Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven." Matthew 18:10.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist

That The Four Horseman of The Apocalypse are Cherokee?

Boy, that's smart for me to say about our Brother's Fine Worship and Exaltation of The Godhead.

Sorry about that.

Heard someone said that, when asked, at their Ordination.

5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That passage is often interpreted to refer to one's "guardian" angel(s). Why do you draw a connection between Romans 8:16 with Matthew 18:10?

6. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are always in the presence of our holy and righteous God. (Besides the Holy Spirit within us as believers, Romans 8:16.)

"... in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven." Matthew 18:10.

God is Present and The Angels that are Present can look right at God.